Home Non Cigar Related

Dad continues to use his 9 lifes ...

gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
Hey guys my dad could use some prayers and good vibes right now. As some of you know he is 77 and has had some major heart/cancer problems over the last 12 months.

Dad just got to feeling well and strong enough to drive in the past week after some wicked medical battles this year. Tuesday , He decided to take his truck to a carwash and vacum it out. Somehow it got knocked out of gear and started to roll as he was leaning in vacuming. Long story short , he was dragged about 75-100 foot into a highway and then rolled partially under the truck and was ran over by his own vehicle !

He was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center Trauma Unit in Charlotte,NC. Results: Broken ankle , Broken rib , Fractured and mangled 2 right fingers ( which will require surgery) and some crushed bones in his hand. Severe bruises up his right leg and side and across his arm and shoulder where the wheel missed his face and head by about 3 inches . A very sobering thought that three inches probably seperated him from being killed right there !!! He is , for the 5th time this year , laying in a hospital bed , trying to re-cover from what life has dealt him , hoping to resume his life and do the things he enjoys. If you can spare a prayer we can certainly use it for my dad. Thanks guys , I appreciate each and everyone of you. Gene

Comments

• One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Prayers out. Sorry to hear about all your dad's trouble and what I'm sure your family has gone through. Hope the worst is behind you guys
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Prayers out. Sounds like a tough coot. I hope all turns out well.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    hope all turns out well and my prayers are with you....my grandfather is undergoing a 5 way bypass heart surgery tommorrow and a heart valve replacement....insane..
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    My best to your dad. Prayers are with you and yours.......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Dang Geno, that is one tough old guy. Thoughts and prayers are already out there.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    gmill880:
    Hey guys my dad could use some prayers and good vibes right now. As some of you know he is 77 and has had some major heart/cancer problems over the last 12 months.

Dad just got to feeling well and strong enough to drive in the past week after some wicked medical battles this year. Tuesday , He decided to take his truck to a carwash and vacum it out. Somehow it got knocked out of gear and started to roll as he was leaning in vacuming. Long story short , he was dragged about 75-100 foot into a highway and then rolled partially under the truck and was ran over by his own vehicle !

He was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center Trauma Unit in Charlotte,NC. Results: Broken ankle , Broken rib , Fractured and mangled 2 right fingers ( which will require surgery) and some crushed bones in his hand. Severe bruises up his right leg and side and across his arm and shoulder where the wheel missed his face and head by about 3 inches . A very sobering thought that three inches probably seperated him from being killed right there !!! He is , for the 5th time this year , laying in a hospital bed , trying to re-cover from what life has dealt him , hoping to resume his life and do the things he enjoys. If you can spare a prayer we can certainly use it for my dad. Thanks guys , I appreciate each and everyone of you. Gene

HOLY S.H.I.T Thats Unbelieveable..... Prayers your Way ... Man you paint a Vivid Picture and Im sure it was horrifying.... Man. ANything I can do Just ask. WHat is going on in this world all our parents are battling LIFE
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Man, that is one tough guy. Holy crap. We'll certainly send some prayers out to you and your family.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    That story is Amazing! Good luck to your dad, it appears that although hes hurt pretty badly, luck seems to be on his side!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Wow... I'm praying for him, but .. wow, he's got an angel on his shoulder for sure
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    That is horrible man! Prayers and thoughts for your dad!!!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Wow, he definitely has my positive thoughts and energy coming his way and to you and your family Gene. Brutal.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:

Wow, Gene... well you know brother. What is it with our parents this year? All the positive energy I can muster is with your dad today.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my thoughts and prayers. That sounds really horrible and like you have been through so much already.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    My best to your dad. Prayers are with you and yours.......
    What I was thinking.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thanks guys , your prayers and thoughts are appreciated ...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Prayers sent and received
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    My thoughts are with you and your tougher than nails old man...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent a prayer along to The Almighty on behalf of your dad. My best wishes are with him. I know what it's like to be old and not able to do things quite the way we did a few years ago. I hope he heals quickly and is able to enjoy a good many more years with his family.

Marty

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Whoa... Saying a Prayer.

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jeez Gene, I thought things like that only happened in movies. Hope your dad recovers well and maybe you ought to teach him how to use the e-brake. :) Take care Gene.
    Update - dad got to come home from the hospital today. He had surgery on his hand and several pins inserted to repair it properly. Ribs still hurt quite a bit and ankle is in a cast. Now, the road to recovery starts and he is quite excited to be home.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and well wishes , we appreciate it very much.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Update - dad got to come home from the hospital today. He had surgery on his hand and several pins inserted to repair it properly. Ribs still hurt quite a bit and ankle is in a cast. Now, the road to recovery starts and he is quite excited to be home.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and well wishes , we appreciate it very much.
    Good news geno, tell Dad to try and take it easy. and hide his keys !
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:

Good news geno, tell Dad to try and take it easy. and hide his keys !

Ha ! He's already joking about feelin' like he's been hit by a truck ... and one of the first things he did was look to see if they ( his keys) were hanging up or if somebody hid them when he got home.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Hey bro, really sorry to hear about your dad but very relieved to hear he is doing better! Hope he keeps his sense of humor up and gets back on his feet soon! My family will be sending out thoughts and prayers to you!
    PuroFreak:
    Hey bro, really sorry to hear about your dad but very relieved to hear he is doing better! Hope he keeps his sense of humor up and gets back on his feet soon! My family will be sending out thoughts and prayers to you!

Thanks Jason ... not seen ya much lately even though I myself havn,t been on a lot either ... we work too much bro.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Thanks Jason ... not seen ya much lately even though I myself havn,t been on a lot either ... we work too much bro.
    Damn right we do! lol Let's meet up for a vacation somewhere and smoke and drink till we pass out! haha
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sorry I missed this before. Prayers that he continues to heal up and recover from this and for you and the rest of your family!
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Damn right we do! lol Let's meet up for a vacation somewhere and smoke and drink till we pass out! haha

I'm in !!!
    ENFIDL:
    Sorry I missed this before. Prayers that he continues to heal up and recover from this and for you and the rest of your family!

Thanks bro .
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hey Gene, glad to hear Dad is on the recovery trail, hope all goes well for him.