Home Ratings & Reviews

Playboy by Altadis

dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
I posted this up under my "Pick Joe's Smoke" but I know many of you are probably accustomed to skipping my uninformed gibberish in there by now ;)

Find this cigar and try it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. In fact, a quick web search will reveal a 3-cigar sampler for $7.95 shipped. I'm always skeptical of cigars which carry a non-cigar brand in order to promote sales... always seemed a bit gimmicky to me. Still. This is an excellent cigar that you'd be remiss to skip sampling. It's not full-bodied, so don't expect it to kick you in the jaw, but do expect a pleasant flavor and aroma that will last from beginning to the nubbed-out end. For me it burned consistently and cool the whole way. Hopefully, I'll have contributed a bit to all of you from whom I've learned so much.

Cheers,

Duty

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Having re-read that, I feel I must say I get no kick-backs from Playboy, and I allowed my subscription to run out nearly seven years ago :)

It's just a damn fine cigar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    Hopefully, I'll have contributed a bit to all of you from whom I've learned so much.
    you contribute every time you post. thats why this forum rules.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had heard some good things about this cigar. To be honest, I feel the same way when I see a cigar sporting the playboy (or any other famous) name, I just don't expect it to be anything good. I'll have to take a look into this though.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Funny thing, I was looking at a catalog and saw these, and was shocked that Playboy has their own line. I was doubting they could be good, but now I might give 'em a try.
  • Am not sure about the Playboy by Altadis cigar, but this summer I was in Fort Lauderdale and had a Playboy by Don Diego. The trendy bar on the water front called "Trinas", had me pony up $15.00 for the Stick. I felt is was worth every penny. Am looking to buying a box from ccom next week :)

Brian
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    The B&M had these buy 1 get 1 free last time I was there. I got a couple but haven't tried them yet. I might need to see if they have any left and pick them up. The reason I didn't before was because I'm out of room in the humi and haven't set up a cooler or tupperdor yet.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    You better get on it. You've got goodies on the way.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Yeah I got them and they are still in the bag with the water pillow until I can get the RH good in the tupperdore.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I was just gifted a cigar, it has the playboy bunn on it in silver and the band is a black or dark blue. Is this the Altadis version?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    I was just gifted a cigar, it has the playboy bunn on it in silver and the band is a black or dark blue. Is this the Altadis version?
    That's it... lucky dog :)

You don't really care for milder smokes, anyway, and this thing is in the mild-to-medium range. So you might as well just send it my way.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    That's it... lucky dog :)

You don't really care for milder smokes, anyway, and this thing is in the mild-to-medium range. So you might as well just send it my way.
    Ha I'll get right on that. Right after I smoke it ;)