Home Non Cigar Related

Big changes...

Exciting news I've just gotta share...

This week, my wife took a new job in her dream field that she's been struggling to get into since I've known her. Comes with a HUGE salary bump which is a nice bonus. The kicker is, it's in another part of the state, which means we'll be uprooting our lives and our little guy's life sometime in the next few months. It seems as if a lot of others here are reaping the benefits of new challenges in their lives, and I salute you all. I'm looking forward to joining the club!

Incidentally, I celebrated this week with some good port and a Guantanamera and actually got her to join in with me! Her words: "You're right, I DO feel more relaxed having done this!" Guys, it IS possible!

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, babs. I'm happy to hear that you and your wife will be moving up in the world. Seems June is the month for change for a lot of people on this forum. People getting new jobs, kids are being born, and I'm moving soon and marrying my fiancee after that.

Wish I could celebrate with you and all others facing challenges or changes right now. Imma get some Captain Morgan's Private Stock or Jagermeister after the move and toast to you guys.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Good luck and congratulations to you and yours. What part of the state you off to? I'm originally from southwestern WI myself.
  • babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    Thanks all. I'm currently just outside of Madison, soon to be moving to the Oshkosh area. ljl, whereabouts are you from? My wife is from a tiny town in western WI.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    babsdpu:
    Thanks all. I'm currently just outside of Madison, soon to be moving to the Oshkosh area. ljl, whereabouts are you from? My wife is from a tiny town in western WI.

its funny what a small world it is... after being born in Brookfield, my family moved to Oshkosh where we lived for a year or so... Congrats on your big changes and may they go by smoothly!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck. Hope everything goes well for your family.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    babsdpu:

PMed...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    babsdpu:

Exciting news I've just gotta share...

This week, my wife took a new job in her dream field that she's been struggling to get into since I've known her. Comes with a HUGE salary bump which is a nice bonus. The kicker is, it's in another part of the state, which means we'll be uprooting our lives and our little guy's life sometime in the next few months. It seems as if a lot of others here are reaping the benefits of new challenges in their lives, and I salute you all. I'm looking forward to joining the club!

Incidentally, I celebrated this week with some good port and a Guantanamera and actually got her to join in with me! Her words: "You're right, I DO feel more relaxed having done this!" Guys, it IS possible!

Congrats on the new move, enjoy. I introduced my wife to cigars and she really enjoys the relaxation time together and a shared hobby. The bad news... I have to share my cigars!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Congrats to you and the wife.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Congrats!

I lived in Oshkosh (Town of, on the lake) for a year and a half before moving to Neenah to be closer to my office. Very nice area in general, though being a native Floridian I couldn't stay there long term.

I didn't get into cigars until moving down to GA, though, so I can't offer you any information on B&Ms.

Best of luck!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Thats cool man. The mothership i work for is in Appleton, Pierce Firetrucks. I have to say Wisconsin is a beautiful state. I get back there once a year or so for training.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats and best of luck brother!