Home Cigar 101

Humidor ?

gio164gio164 Posts: 180
Sorry if this was brought up already, but is it ok if my humidity drops 3% at night and slowly goes back up during the day? I crank the ac at night wich causes the humidity to drop. Does this have any effect on my cigars? Oh my humidity is at 67% during the day and drops to about 64% at night.

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    You should be golden Gio. A 3% swing at right around 65% RH would not cause me a bit of lost sleep. :-D
  • What's the seal on your humidor like? I prefer to keep my sticks around 70 rh. But that fluctuation is not that severe. You should be OK. But if you see that you cigars are burning hot & fast or seem dryed out, look into more humidification.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I always turn the thermostat down about 3 degrees at night as well - haven't noticed any difference so far
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    The Sniper:
    You should be golden Gio. A 3% swing at right around 65% RH would not cause me a bit of lost sleep. :-D
    +1 As long as your are staying around 65% I wouldnt give it a second thought. Mine swings a bit as well but mine will go from 64% on the low end up to 70% on real humid days here and I have never had any problems.
  • gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    Thanks for the help guys, I'll sleep better knowing my sticks are gonna be ok.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    i try to keep my RH within 5% of my target RH which is 65-68%. If my RH drops below 63% then it's time to fill up the beads! If the RH starts getting high 73%+ then I'll add some dry beads to help bring down the RH. I love working with beads..if you don't have any, I highly suggest buying some for your humi. When winter hits, you will be glad you did.

"Long ashes my friends."