Home Cigar 101

Cellophane or not?

I'm seasoning my very first humidor. So happy that this finally came. I have a question about storing my furture sticks. Is it better to keep the cellophane on or take the cellophane of the cigars that I'm going to store.

Comments

• aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    search cellophane in search bar. you will see it is all personal preference. keeping it on will protect them if you are a digger in your humi
  • Its mostly personal preference...I keep mine on, I feel that it helps protect them in times of brief temp/humi changes in the humidor...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    aron325:
    search cellophane in search bar. you will see it is all personal preference.
    that about sums it up.
  • Ironmick63Ironmick63 Posts: 100
    Thanks guys
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Ima bump my 101 Things to KNow Thread
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Here is the definitive answer on cellophane.

There is no definitive answer on cellophane.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Here is your rule, follow it forever.

If you buy a cigar and it has cello on it, leave it on there.
    If you buy a cigar and the cello is off, leave it off.

• babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    Ah, the eternal question... Personal preference, but I leave it on.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:

actually you could be like me and try to put cello on it! If I bought a box and they don't then fine, but if I have it in my humi, yeah I wrap 'em up. Wrappers suck when they get damaged.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    phobicsquirrel:
    Fourtotheflush:

actually you could be like me and try to put cello on it! If I bought a box and they don't then fine, but if I have it in my humi, yeah I wrap 'em up. Wrappers suck when they get damaged.

I actually segregate the non cello cigars from Gen Pop in my Humi..
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    99% of my sticks are naked. It's just one big orgy in there...sometimes keeps me up at night, lol. All kidding asside, The only sticks in my humi with cello are the limited "A" size Rocky Patels, and that's only because the individual coffins are way too big to fit in any normal humidor....until I smoke more of my stock. I know those sticks will be aging for a long time (years), so the cello stays on.
    It is personal choice. I have not damaged any sticks (knock on wood) by digging in the humi, but I can see how it could easily happen. If you're not the kind of person to take chances, leave them wrapped up; you'll sleep better at night.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I always use cello and keep some empty ones on hand in case I acquire a few sticks without. It helps protect the wrapper when I go rooting around in the humi looking for a stick.