Home Non Cigar Related

More bad news away from home

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
Last time I was working away from home my wifes cousin killed herself and now on this stint her parents house may just have been leveled by a tornado. Luckily her parents were visiting at my house when the 3/4 mile twister ripped through town so they are safe but the damage is immense. The news said that there was "mass destruction" so I am leaving Canada to drive down tomorrow and help clean up the damage.

Pretty soon I am going to stop going to Canada.

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I suppose the South Park Song "Blame Canada" would work here? In all seriousness I do hope everything will be ok, and I hope your parents-in-law's (that a word?) house is spared, having lived close to Tornado alley and an avid Storm Chaser I know how destructive twisters can be, best of luck to you and your loved ones Sir.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Wow praying for your family!

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope everything works out for you and your family.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    eh, just blame it on Laker!!! lol... Very bad news though, good thing they are safe though. Good luck and god speed.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Glad your family's safe and sound. You'll be in my prayers, Goldy.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Oh many - sorry, Goldy... I hope things get better for them sooner than later - they sure are happy to have a good relative like u!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ***-tastic thing to happen Goldy, Im very sorry. Try to keep your people focused on the positives - houses & possessions can be replaced (and thats why we pay for the insurance), but people cannot. I will be sure to thank the Lord your wife's parents were where they were when it happened.

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    glad everyone was ok. Prayer and best wishes to them bro.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Thanks fellas,

I am SOOO sore. Lots of general clean up and heavy lifting. I took a bunch of pics so I'll try and post those over lunch.

In summary, their house was fine but their aunt's place was moderatly hit and their fields were destroyed. Minnesota had 37 twisters that day for a new record.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Glad all worked out as best as could be hoped for Goldy. As was said already...property can be replaced...people can't.

Maybe instead of not coming to Canada anymore... you should bring the loved ones with you!

If you see a squirrel hitch-hiking on the side of the road, just leave him. He's been trying to get into Canada forever now. We have him under watch.