Home Non Cigar Related

Long gone...hopefully not forgotten

bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
Dear BsOTL:

It has been too long since I have last posted on the forums. It has been a rough couple of months and I have had to give up my home internet due to loss of work and an obvious reduction of income. I have been able to get online, but never for long periods. I usually check my email and facebook. I recently changed phone plans and now have the ability to tether my phone as a modem. I still looking for work and hope to interview for a position with a TV station in the next week, but it has been a rough road. I just wanted to let you know where I am and that I hope to be spending a little more time on the forums. Look forward to being a part of once again.

Brandon

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Brandon, it's good to hear from you and I am sorry to hear that you've had a rough couple of months. I wish you the best of luck with the interview and hope you will be joining us again real soon.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Hi Brandon!!! Have been wondering where you've been, and sorry to hear you've been scarce for such a tough reason! Here's an idea - next time you post, let everyone know what field you're looking for work in (your profile just says non-profit???). Communities like this are an EXCELLENT resource for networking... perhaps someone knows an outfit in your location who has an opening in your area of expertise. If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know - and please do stay in touch as best you can til things start looking up, as we will be worrying about ya bro!

Keep your head up brother, **** WILL turn around!

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Good luck man! Hope it turns around real soon for you!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sorry bout the loss of income bro.
    It's always rough when you work all day and all night and at the end of it all it's up to someone else if you get paid.

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandon, glad to hear you are okay. Like everyone told me you will get through this. It sucks at the time but keep your head up. Keeping you in my prayers.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hey Brandon, good to hear from you again, glad to know you're ok. Sorry to hear about your job loss, I had to deal with that myself over the latter few months of last year and the first few of this new year and it's no fun for sure. Hope you find something, good luck.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Wow a job at a tv station, cool. I hope things get better for ya. Hope to see you around more soon.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    We feel for you bro, so many people have been hurt by this prolonged recession. I hope things turn around for you soon.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Hang in there Brandon, God will get you through the tough times.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    If you're willing to relocate a couple hours away to the Burgh, let me know...I have a lot of good contacts and may be able to help you out. If you're interested, PM me with a little bit of your background.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Been wonderin about ya Brandon! Glad to hear youre in good health, the job will work itself out, things always do. Prayin for ya bro!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Glad to have you back with us Brandon. Hope your interview goes well!
    Luko:
    If you're willing to relocate a couple hours away to the Burgh, let me know...I have a lot of good contacts and may be able to help you out. If you're interested, PM me with a little bit of your background.
    Way to step up Marc! Hopefully you can hook Brandon up! :-D

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Good to hear from ya brother. Prayers and best wishes coming to you from my family to yours.
    Sorry to hear about the tough times. I know your probably flooded, but I sent you a PM a while ago about some info on some sticks you sent me.

Also how are you doing with sticks? PM me Ive got a few that I can shoot your way.

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Sorry to hear about the tough times.

Also how are you doing with sticks? PM me Ive got a few that I can shoot your way.

+1 to all of this.

I hope things turn around quickly for you brother! and let us know if there is any breathing room in your humi and we can quickly fix that issue for you!
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    The Sniper:
    Luko:
    Way to step up Marc! Hopefully you can hook Brandon up! :-D

I do appreciate the offer. My fiancee is set to start her second year of grad school at Ohio Univ. If we would relocate from Marietta, it would be closer to Athens, OH. But really, we are set up in Marietta in a great house with minimal cost of living. I will most likely center my search in a commutable area around Marietta. After she graduates we may end up anywhere, depending on her work prospects.

I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. I will def keep everyone posted.
    BsOTL:

First I want to thank all for the words of encouragement and prayers (and the cigars, awesome!) It has been a rough several weeks, but this past week I was called by a local Oil & Gas record search company for the chance to work with them on a project in certain parts of WV. As for now, I will be working as an abstracter and eventually as a landman. This area is completely new territory for me, but I'm excited to learn the work and will be contracting with this great company. After a couple days training, I received my first parcels of land to work on. I can't explain how great it is to be back at work and feeling productive and useful again. Thanks again for the support!
  • aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    Good to hear that you found a job!!!!! When I was let go in Feb' of '09 it took me 3 months to find a job. when i found the one im in now it felt absolutely amazing. I know what you are feeling. hope everything keeps going well for ya. arin
    bbc020:
    BsOTL:

First I want to thank all for the words of encouragement and prayers (and the cigars, awesome!) It has been a rough several weeks, but this past week I was called by a local Oil & Gas record search company for the chance to work with them on a project in certain parts of WV. As for now, I will be working as an abstracter and eventually as a landman. This area is completely new territory for me, but I'm excited to learn the work and will be contracting with this great company. After a couple days training, I received my first parcels of land to work on. I can't explain how great it is to be back at work and feeling productive and useful again. Thanks again for the support!
    AWESOME NEWS BRANDON!!! Way to go man, congratulations! Always does the spirit good to see good things happen to good people! :-D
    Awesome, Glad your back on your feet!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news! Now get back to your posting.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hey Bro! Im on another Journey, I pray for your situation and ill tell you it was god to spend a litle time with you guys and Smoking fine Stick. Hope it all works out for you ! Hang in there Bro! Love ya!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    congratulations Brandon . Hope you love it !
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Nice! Keep us posted!
    Things are going well. Busy as he_ll, but seems like great work. The company I contract with are extremely generous with most things other than time. I feel like I am sneaking this post in amongst my day, but they do expect quick accurate work, I can understand. I guess things are going pretty good so far. I got quite a ways before I get a paycheck, but I know it will be worth it. Thanks again for the well wishes. I hope to post more, but it will probably be confined mostly to weekend. Have a great rest of the week.