Home Ratings & Reviews

Ambos Mundos No. 2 (Sumatra)

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
I haven't had a lot of Sumatra wrappers so this was an interesting smoke. Construction was solid but I'm not sure if I like the Sumatra wrapper. I found it to be very nutty and it's not something I enjoyed too much. There was also this weird sourness towards the end that threw the cigar off. Anyone care to opine on the Sumatra wrapper? Full review at wbfiller.com.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Been thinking about buying a box of Ambos. Thanks for the review. Haven't had a lot of Sumatra wrappers, but off the top of my head, the ones I have had were great... Guess I need to smoke one tonight and see.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    In general, I really like sumatra wrappers, both the Indonesian variety and the Ecuadorian variety. The Ambos Mundos was not a cigar that really wowed me, it was good but offered nothing to really separate it from the pack.

Some good sumatra wrapped cigars: Sol Cubano Sumatra, Ashton VSG, CCOM Cuban Label, La Gloria Cubana, Graycliff Crystal.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    In general, I really like sumatra wrappers, both the Indonesian variety and the Ecuadorian variety. The Ambos Mundos was not a cigar that really wowed me, it was good but offered nothing to really separate it from the pack.

Some good sumatra wrapped cigars: Sol Cubano Sumatra, Ashton VSG, CCOM Cuban Label, La Gloria Cubana, Graycliff Crystal.
    I'm going to have to try some of those cigars you recommended because I feel like the Sumatra wrapper and I got off on the wrong foot. As for Ambos Mundos, I really like their Habano wrapper. Very tasty.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Joe. The ambos 2 doesn't showcase Sumatra very well. I really like ecuadorian Sumatra.