Home Non Cigar Related

Hookahs?

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
So I got a hookah some time ago and decided to fire it up with a few friends tonight(no weed!!!!) and I was wondering if anyone else does hookah? My wife loves it! There is a hookah bar not far from us where o got her started. I was introduced on a port visit in the Persian gulf. Lots of flavors out there and tonight I'm having double apple. Just curious if anyone has explored this end of tobacco yet. Pretty interesting...

Comments

• docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    No I haven't and this is the first I've heard of it. Did some quick research just to broaden my knowledge. You said you were having the double apple so I assume there are many different flavored tobaccos to try.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Jetmech_63:
    So I got a hookah and I was wondering if anyone else does hookah?

My wife doesnt allow me to do hookas. She thinks that they are dirty and degrading to women. She prefers to do me herself.

HA!

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    One of my good friends is an avid cigar and hooka smoker. He smokes the double apple as well I believe. I don't know, never had much experience with it. Not really a fan of flavored tobaccos, so not sure how well it would suit me.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I definitely enjoy me some hookah! I'm not big on the fruity blends, but this one time I had a mint and it was great!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang hippies
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I've used the hookah a few times. Had coconut and pineapple. It was good, but still prefer the cigar.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Jetmech_63:
    So I got a hookah and I was wondering if anyone else does hookah?

My wife doesnt allow me to do hookas. She thinks that they are dirty and degrading to women. She prefers to do me herself.

HA!

lol...
    No weed aye? well then your not doing it right!!!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've been to a local hookah bar several times before I started smoking cigars, I enjoyed it then but don't know if I'd enjoy it so much now that my palate is forever changed.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Not something i'd do on anywhere close to a regular basis, but fun to drag out and share with friends every few months.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    So what's the difference between a hookah and a pipe? I mean, I know the differences in their form, but otherwise, how does smoking out of a hookah compare to smoking the same tobacco out of a pipe?
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    xmacro:
    So what's the difference between a hookah and a pipe? I mean, I know the differences in their form, but otherwise, how does smoking out of a hookah compare to smoking the same tobacco out of a pipe?
    Whats the difference between a hookah and a Drew Estate ACID? Besides the whole cigar vs contraption thing of course? :-D

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    the tobacco smoked using a hookah is flavored and prepared in a different way than pipe tobacco. Pipe tobacco is, most of the time, just plain old tobacco.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always wanted to try hookah from what I hear it's pretty good.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    I smoked Hookah a few years ago and it was alright but didn't do a whole lot for me. Nowadays I can't separate Hookah from dirty hippies and retarded stoners so it causes me to be biased against it...

Anytime I'm at a cigar shop and I see that they sell hookah it just makes me shake my head... Which I guess is ironic because hookah really isn't anything but tobacco, so I shouldn't hold anything against it... whatever
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    what's with the dirty hippie thing? You guys watch too much south park or something... I mean yeah a lot of the one's I see could use a haircut but I personally think there are other groups "dirtier" than hippies. Hey I'd be lucky to have a hippie as a friend, god knows I'd get some good weed over it at least. And how many hippies commit crimes and cause problems...
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    phobicsquirrel:
    what's with the dirty hippie thing? You guys watch too much south park or something... I mean yeah a lot of the one's I see could use a haircut but I personally think there are other groups "dirtier" than hippies. Hey I'd be lucky to have a hippie as a friend, god knows I'd get some good weed over it at least. And how many hippies commit crimes and cause problems...
    You mean crimes aside from ones dealing with marijuana? ;)
    You know there's a type of weed called "Hippie Funk" because it smells like rancid BO?

There's a reason behind everything, I promise.

Also, I have some hippie friends, one group in California and one group here in Nevada. They are all dirty people who sit around smoking weed and hookah all the time, which is why they don't have the opportunity to commit crimes and cause trouble -.-
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    GadwinDuil:
    You know there's a type of weed called "Hippie Funk" because it smells like rancid BO?

There's a reason behind everything, I promise.

Also, I have some hippie friends, one group in California and one group here in Nevada. They are all dirty people who sit around smoking weed and hookah all the time, which is why they don't have the opportunity to commit crimes and cause trouble -.-
    They sound more like the "Rainbow People" we get down here in the winter and spring in the forest.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I prefer my cigars, but I do like to sit back and smoke some hookah. I have six of them. I've got some good memories hanging out with friends, smoking, and discussing things.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I wasn't hacking on hippies. When I think of Hookah I think hippies. I don't know why I just do. Went to the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art today and out on the grounds I saw about 20 hippies. Hippies are way laid back and ok. They just need to get the women to take a bath. STINKY!
    Love that museum, one of the best Ive ever been to! Ever catch Shakespear in the Park out there? If not, you should definitely check it out. Completely free & a great way to spend a nice summer evening. I think its going on from now til early July. Cant wait!
    The Sniper:
    Love that museum, one of the best Ive ever been to! Ever catch Shakespear in the Park out there? If not, you should definitely check it out. Completely free & a great way to spend a nice summer evening. I think its going on from now til early July. Cant wait!
    -1 nerd point on myself for misspelling the man's name! LOL
    The Sniper:
    The Sniper:
    Ive til
    -1 nerd point on myself for misspelling the man's name! LOL
    -2 for not using apostrophes! :-P
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    xmacro:
    Whats the difference between a hookah and a Drew Estate ACID? Besides the whole cigar vs contraption thing of course? :-D

I use to smoke hookah alot. Theres not a form of tobacco I don't enjoy. Hookah use tobacco that has been mixed with either honey or molassas and fruit pulp although some of the cheap brands just use a liquid flavoring. The mix is called sesha and is smoked in the hookah via a coal instead of direct burning. This give the smoke more of a light vapor like quality that allows you to take large volumes of smoke and can leave you with a nice little head buzz from both the nicotine and the slight oxygen deprivation.
    Now Acid, while the process is closely guarded, the way drew works it or atleast how I think he does it is that heat lets the tobacco dry out a little more than usual then in a warmed up room with misters through out he sprays out his secret blend of botanicals and essential oils. The heat would allow the pores in the leaf to open wide and the being they are dry and tobacco loves moisture they would just soak up the flavor.
    Flavor wise a pipe full of acid tobacco like what they package in the box (yes Ive smoked it) is pretty mellow but still has a decent infusion. The cigar has a sugary sweetness that I am not really a huge fan of but a much stronger taste that I find to be a little unnatural and just not my thing. A hookah the flavor on some can come through very strong and some are very sweet but the better tobacco will yield very natural flavors. Last night I smoked something flavor called catus rose in a hookah it taste somewhere between water mellon and star fruit it was really tropical but nice and mellow but not at all fake. Hope that anwsers the question.
    The Sniper:
    We saw that was going on and are planning on going. Goes until July 3rd. Nelson Atkins has a mummy now and I can't believe it is free. Truly an amazing place and I can't believe how old some of the collection is. Amazing.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I had a hookah once, $50 I paid.

Fifty dolla made me holla.

Cmon, someone had to to there..
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Hookahs are good, I like to smoke from time to time, try exploring different flavours, i like the apple myslef, but peach and watermellon are one of my favourites, plus dont let your tobaco dry cause it will affect the flavour of what could be a nice smoke othyerwise!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I've always been intrigued by Hookah, but very cautious about it. My biggest thing is that I don't really care for fruit. I don't like jolly ranchers or starburst or much fruit flavored candy either.

Question, do you inhale Hookah? I'm beein fo real, cuz I really don't know.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    nightmaremike31:
    I've always been intrigued by Hookah, but very cautious about it. My biggest thing is that I don't really care for fruit. I don't like jolly ranchers or starburst or much fruit flavored candy either.

Question, do you inhale Hookah? I'm beein fo real, cuz I really don't know.
    You can inhale, but I tend to smoke it more or less like I would a cigar. There's other flavors besides fruity ones as well. Mint is a very good flavor.