Home Cigar 101
Options

Beads

Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
I have seasoned my humidor (seemingly successful) However, now I see many of you talking about beads. Are they easy? What do people recommended? I am a bit confused by the varying humidity percentages I have seen

I live in Texas away from the coast so the humidity. We are a bit humid in the morning, but it is about 35% this afternoon. In the house the temp will range from 72 at night to 78-80 during the day

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Husker44:
    I have seasoned my humidor (seemingly successful) However, now I see many of you talking about beads. Are they easy? What do people recommended? I am a bit confused by the varying humidity percentages I have seen I live in Texas away from the coast so the humidity. We are a bit humid in the morning, but it is about 35% this afternoon. In the house the temp will range from 72 at night to 78-80 during the day
    check these out...

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ACC-CONSERVAGEL
  • Options
    gravitylabgravitylab Posts: 16
    I just got my beads 2 days ago after trying a few different humidifier options and so far I'm impressed. All the hype about them holds true.

I go the 70% RH batch and after being in my humi a day, the meter read 69%. I stuck my humidor down in a humid area of my basement where outside the box it was 80% and after a day the reading inside my humi was again 69%.

The beads are awesome.

(First post here by the way. Been following for a while now. Looking forward to getting more involved!)
  • Options
    gravitylab:
    I just got my beads 2 days ago after trying a few different humidifier options and so far I'm impressed. All the hype about them holds true. I go the 70% RH batch and after being in my humi a day, the meter read 69%. I stuck my humidor down in a humid area of my basement where outside the box it was 80% and after a day the reading inside my humi was again 69%. The beads are awesome. (First post here by the way. Been following for a while now. Looking forward to getting more involved!)
    Welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Husker44:
    I have seasoned my humidor (seemingly successful) However, now I see many of you talking about beads. Are they easy? What do people recommended? I am a bit confused by the varying humidity percentages I have seen I live in Texas away from the coast so the humidity. We are a bit humid in the morning, but it is about 35% this afternoon. In the house the temp will range from 72 at night to 78-80 during the day
    personally, i smoke a lot of oily maduro cigars so i went with 65% beads. given the option i think i would go for 68% though. cigars just burn better there
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Husker44:
    personally, i smoke a lot of oily maduro cigars so i went with 65% beads. given the option i think i would go for 68% though. cigars just burn better there
    Never saw the 68% beads. I would think they are just a mix of the two 65 and 70% beads. My only concern would be the range that these beads might allow inside the humi. Not so much the low end, but the upper end might allow the RH to raise above 68% which would be too moist for my tastes. Where did you see these Kuzi? Is this what you currently use? If so what is the upper end of the RH range that you have experienced with them?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    Husker44:
    Never saw the 68% beads. I would think they are just a mix of the two 65 and 70% beads. My only concern would be the range that these beads might allow inside the humi. Not so much the low end, but the upper end might allow the RH to raise above 68% which would be too moist for my tastes. Where did you see these Kuzi? Is this what you currently use? If so what is the upper end of the RH range that you have experienced with them?
    i didnt see them.
    i said "given the option"
    however... i have no option. i want it badly though.
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I just got my 65% beads today. I intend to use them once I get my hygrometer all calibrated.