Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Angelenos (by Prometheus)

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
Got this with my Sencillos. I'm not one for mild cigars, but this was pretty good. I only really like the Vintage Cameroon by H. Upmann, and the Fonseca Vintage in the mild family, but this was very good, perfect coffee and beginning-of-the-day sort of stick. It had a very light touch of leather, a dash of black pepper through the nose, but mostly a sugarcane sweetness, caramel, and cedar. Really interesting cigar, anyone else? I hadn't heard much about it until cholmes told me about Sencillo and Keith Park told me about this.

Comments

• Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    betasynn:
    Got this with my Sencillos. I'm not one for mild cigars, but this was pretty good. I only really like the Vintage Cameroon by H. Upmann, and the Fonseca Vintage in the mild family, but this was very good, perfect coffee and beginning-of-the-day sort of stick. It had a very light touch of leather, a dash of black pepper through the nose, but mostly a sugarcane sweetness, caramel, and cedar. Really interesting cigar, anyone else? I hadn't heard much about it until cholmes told me about Sencillo and Keith Park told me about this.
    Shoulda told you about this one when I told you about the Sencillo I guess, haha. I was talking with the manager of the B&M here, and I picked up the Sencillo and we talked about it a while. He told me then it was another blend to go along with the Angelenos. I just bought the Sencillo though, as I was picking up some others already. Glad you enjoyed them both based on your reviews. I'll definitely give the Sencillo another try, and want to pick up an Angelenos anyways. When I get the call the LFD DL Maduro chisel are in this week, I'll pick up one of each again.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Picked up one of these for myself and one for Squirrel while I was down in Florida a few months ago. Good mild stick but overpriced. Personally, I'd go for an Ashton, 5 Vegas Gold, Gurkha Symphony or Turk or a Perdomo Champagne Reserve. Still a good mild stick and if I could get them cheap enough, I'd pick up a few more.