Home Ratings & Reviews

Cu Avana Intenso!

I had one of these last night!! Awesome stick in my opinion! No aftertaste in my mouth either. What do you guys think about these?

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    One of my favorite "cheap" cigars. Flavorful, strong, and typically great construction. Dang good cigar.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Alex blew me up with one of these the other day - I think I amy give it a whirl and let you guys know what I think :-D
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I love the Intenso, I think it is seriuosly under-rated. The robusto and torpedo also are a totally different smoke which I like
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    fla-gypsy:
    I love the Intenso, I think it is seriuosly under-rated. The robusto and torpedo also are a totally different smoke which I like
    +1... seriously, I don't think people give it enough respect because it's a "cheap" cigar. $60 for a box of 20. To me though, it's my go-to when I want a Ruination, but don't wanna burn a ruiination. Neither is expensive, but the Cu-Avana is still half as much as the Ruination, and I can burn them everyday. Great construction and draw, tons of smoke, and a full-body with lots of spice, leather, and coffee. Everything that I love in a cigar.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    cholmes8310:
    fla-gypsy:
    +1... seriously, I don't think people give it enough respect because it's a "cheap" cigar. $60 for a box of 20. To me though, it's my go-to when I want a Ruination, but don't wanna burn a ruiination. Neither is expensive, but the Cu-Avana is still half as much as the Ruination, and I can burn them everyday. Great construction and draw, tons of smoke, and a full-body with lots of spice, leather, and coffee. Everything that I love in a cigar.
    Agreed on all accounts. btw - I begged Jeff Jackson to hook me up on the price with these. Think I paid $2 for the Toro, and $1.75 for the Robusto. How about that for some value? :)
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    the one I had tasted like ammonia. i wasn't impressed. i would like to do another visit as there are a lot of peeps who really like this stick.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i was gifted one a while ago. its in some humidor somewhere. i should dig it out and put it on top. I almost forgot about it till i saw this thread.

thanks for the heads up
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    dennisking:
    the one I had tasted like ammonia. i wasn't impressed. i would like to do another visit as there are a lot of peeps who really like this stick.

Yeah, I would revisit. I really dig this smoke. Like everybody else here said - a very good value.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I don't totally agree with everything said here. It is a fantastic cigar... for the price. It has a bit of complexity, and a full body. It pales in comparison to the Ruination for me. I would call these "smoke 'em at a party" gars. Not something I'm going to sit down and take notes on, but good enough to smoke the whole thing.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    This was the first stick that kick my @ss. Need to revisit now that I am relatively more experienced.
  • I've heard great things about this cigar for a while. I bought a 10-pack of Toro's about 6 months ago, and they did nothing for me. I let them age a little bit, and they still did nothing for me. I'm thinking I may have gotten a bad batch, but I haven't ordered them again. To me, there's not a whole lot of taste. I kept waiting for it to pick up, but it never did.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Unthought_Known:
    I've heard great things about this cigar for a while. I bought a 10-pack of Toro's about 6 months ago, and they did nothing for me. I let them age a little bit, and they still did nothing for me. I'm thinking I may have gotten a bad batch, but I haven't ordered them again. To me, there's not a whole lot of taste. I kept waiting for it to pick up, but it never did.
    the torpedo is SOOO much better. The toro did nothing for me either but i LOVE the torpedo.