Home Non Cigar Related

Overnight train cancelled... we have an "extra" day in europe... looking for advice

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
So I mentioned before the I am going to Madrid and Paris for the Honeymoon... The plan was to take an overnight train from Madrid to Paris... Turns out that the train isn't running for 2 days... and one of those days is the day we were supposed to travel... All the hotels and flights are booked so there is no flexibility there...So we are weighing our options and wondering what would be a good one-day trip...
Here are the options so far:
Stay an extra day in Madrid and fly to Paris
Fly up to Paris and stay there an extra day
Go to Lisbon for a day
Go to Marrakech for a day

I'm basing these choices on flight... so the options are kind of limited... I don't want to go somewhere that takes more than one day (ie London, Rome, Venice, Etc)

Do you guys have any thoughts? I figured someone has had a short trip over there and might have some insight...

Right now I am leaning toward getting to paris a day early or doing Lisbon...

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Paris. Paris. Paris. The more time you can get there the better. At least that's what I'd do. I love that city.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoke some cigars from that ISOM. DUh!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Rent a car and see the countryside, away from the tourist b.s., smoke, talk, and just enjoy the sights. I've never been to Europe, but if I ever go that's what I'd like to do... if its possible with the whole passport at the border thing.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I've never been to Europe but if I were you I would spend a day driving around and checking out Lisbon, always been fascinated with that city and Portugal is beautiful!