Home Non Cigar Related

Political Discussion Forum

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Lately I've been pretty absent from the political discussions around here, and I'm sure many of you have noticed (and appreciated it!) lol Part of the reason is because I've been working non-stop, but also because I've created a website with a friend of mine that is purely a political outlet. I know a few people from here have checked it out, but I would like to invite everyone to come and check out www.YouAreALiberal.com and check out the content we have up like our PodCasts, News and Events page, Liberal of the Week award, and the all new YouAreALiberal.com forums. We just posted a forum for political discussion and questions.
So if you have time stop by, check out the site, sign up and post something on the forums. Its a new site and we are just trying to get things going. Thanks everyone and hope you all enjoy and give us some good feedback. You guys can shoot me a pm on here if you have any suggestions for the site or the forums! Thanks again.

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol----Its not bad Puro, expecially if this your first go at yoru own website and stuff, the pics are quite funny. Of course, its another way the Right Wing continues their quest to divide America in any way possible while offering a lot of humor and rhetoric but very little substance......but entertainment value is pretty good.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Oooh crap. A political discussion thread? Gonna be a lot of hurt feelings and grudges at the end of the day. I'm staying outta this one.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    wwhwang:
    Oooh crap. A political discussion thread? Gonna be a lot of hurt feelings and grudges at the end of the day. I'm staying outta this one.
    HAHAHAHA!!!! Somehow I feel better... this is funny as crap.

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Lol----Its not bad Puro, expecially if this your first go at yoru own website and stuff, the pics are quite funny. Of course, its another way the Right Wing continues their quest to divide America in any way possible while offering a lot of humor and rhetoric but very little substance......but entertainment value is pretty good.
    Spoken like a true intolerant liberal... Attacking someone with opposing views with absolutely no substance, just personal prejudice. Thanks for sticking true to form.
    wwhwang:
    You aint from around here are ya? LOL J/K There have been many many many political threads around here, at the end of the day, the two guys I have the most heated debates with, Laker and Phobic, I still respect and feel they are both great guys. I'd have a smoke and a drink with either of them any day of the week. Disagreements yes, grudges, not at all from me.
    Wow...and I thought I was saying you had a nice looking site and it had something to it worth looking at even though I dont agree with alot of it. Well, great to have you back quite obviously.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Lol. I didn't mean your remark to puro. It's just a prediction for some heated debates down the road :P
    No,no....I know ****. I was talking back to Puro....he and I have a love hate thing going on at times:)
    Vulchor:
    No,no....I know ****. I was talking back to Puro....he and I have a love hate thing going on at times:)
    When does the love thing come in? Was I away when that happened? LMAO
    I of course was referring to my Bob Marley/Jesus inspired "One Love" attitude....for Puro, I cannot speak. Im just showin my love for him and all my fellow man, I cant change others....LMAO as well.
    Vulchor:
    I of course was referring to my Bob Marley/Jesus inspired "One Love" attitude....for Puro, I cannot speak. Im just showin my love for him and all my fellow man, I cant change others....LMAO as well.
    Well of course, I'm just a hate filled right wing extremist... What else could I be? I fully support the Arizona Immigration Law... Well, I guess I could also be a racist right? ;)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    the left has never done anything like that ever. i never saw pics of monkeys next to W in comparison, or a swastika drawn on condoleezza rice with a little hitler style mustache drawn on or anything of the like.

none of that had substance.

the real deal here is both the left and the right will make stupid and sometimes entertaining jokes with zero substance at all. this is not isolated on one side or the other. to say:
    Vulchor:
    its another way the Right Wing continues their quest to divide America in any way possible while offering a lot of humor and rhetoric but very little substance
    is very misleading and disingenuous. the EXACT same thing could be said about the left and jokes they make.

get off that high horse that you so often accuse me of being on and quit accusing one side of being divisive while acting like the other is not.

they both are.

Kuzi, nice to see you back and responding and disecting every word people say again, I havent been p'ed off in a while so Im glad to hear from jou,lol. BTW, if youre reading the other posts Puro, I am 100% behind the immigration law, and feel we should have armed gunman at the border to shoot to kill as people cross illegally. Anyway, happy Monday to all and good luck with the website---which is what I was trying to say from the beginning, hope it gives you some pleasure.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Vulchor:
    Kuzi, nice to see you back and responding and disecting every word people say again, I havent been p'ed off in a while so Im glad to hear from jou,lol. BTW, if youre reading the other posts Puro, I am 100% behind the immigration law, and feel we should have armed gunman at the border to shoot to kill as people cross illegally. Anyway, happy Monday to all and good luck with the website---which is what I was trying to say from the beginning, hope it gives you some pleasure.
    Vulchor, you must be one miserable, determined SOB. This post alone should have shown you that people like you were not invited to this party. It was intended for believers only. Kuzi and Puro don't seem to want to play nice with you at all anymore LMAO. Even when you try to give a compliment, LOL.

Now you go and confuse the issue with a wide open, (even radical) agreement with them on the Arizona law issue. What are you trying to do here exactly? LMAO
    PuroFreak:
    Well of course, I'm just a hate filled right wing extremist... What else could I be? I fully support the Arizona Immigration Law... Well, I guess I could also be a racist right? ;)
    Well said Puro. LMAO, we finally agree on something. LMAO. Welcome back man, where you been?
    laker1963:
    PuroFreak:
    Well said Puro. LMAO, we finally agree on something. LMAO. Welcome back man, where you been?
    Been working... I have to work man, all the welfare recipients here depend on us! lol And can you really call what Vulchor tried to say a compliment? If so it was the most backhanded compliment in history... Come on man, I know you and Vulchor agree on things more than you an I do, but you have to admit he was taking more of a shot at me than complimenting me.

Also to correct your previous post, the actual reason I posted about the website on here is because I want people with opposing views to come on the forums as well. One point of view on everything isn't any fun. Some good debate and discussion always makes things more interesting. Especially with someone like yourself that is very well informed and presents well thought out arguments... Even if you are wrong. lol Kidding bro! Just had to jack with ya a lil... It's good to be back though man.
    If you read it was actually both a compliment AND my personal take on the website's contents-----not ANYTHING to do with a shot at you. I said NOTHING about you, just the website and my opinion on the info contained in it. There was nothing personal in my post at all, just the info your presenting on your website...which I do think I said way to go on making your own website AND I enjoyed the pictures AND it had a nice layout. What I did talk about was the content, which you said was ok to have opposing views-----I listed one, and you jumped on me. So save the the bull$hit Puro and keep talking to only your "well informed people", which if anything was a backhanded way of saying I was a moron. Enjoy your f*cking website.
    Vulchor:
    If you read it was actually both a compliment AND my personal take on the website's contents-----not ANYTHING to do with a shot at you. I said NOTHING about you, just the website and my opinion on the info contained in it. There was nothing personal in my post at all, just the info your presenting on your website...which I do think I said way to go on making your own website AND I enjoyed the pictures AND it had a nice layout. What I did talk about was the content, which you said was ok to have opposing views-----I listed one, and you jumped on me. So save the the bull$hit Puro and keep talking to only your "well informed people", which if anything was a backhanded way of saying I was a moron. Enjoy your f*cking website.
    Damn man, calm down over there. The "well informed" comment was meant as a compliment to Laker... It honestly had nothing at all to do with you. Just showing that just because Laker and I disagree a LOT and argue and debated quite heatedly at times, I still like the guy. Lighten up a little...
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:
    Vulchor, you must be one miserable, determined SOB. This post alone should have shown you that people like you were not invited to this party. It was intended for believers only. Kuzi and Puro don't seem to want to play nice with you at all anymore LMAO. Even when you try to give a compliment, LOL.

Now you go and confuse the issue with a wide open, (even radical) agreement with them on the Arizona law issue. What are you trying to do here exactly? LMAO
    i actually dont agree with Vulchor's view on the immigration issue.
    ...well not all of it.
    he has stated that he would like there to be armed guards on the boarder and shoot anyone trying to cross it.

of course this does not surprise me because it seems that any policy that increases the scope of government, Vulchor is for.

this type of policy is what Iran or North Korea would do. it makes a nonviolent crime punishable, without a trial, by death.

in fact, i can take it a step further and say that crossing the boarder in and of itself should not be illegal. the illegality begins when they start to take advantage of the systems in the US.

to demonstrate that crossing the boarder does not violate rights let me set up a situation:
    a mexican woman crosses the boarder. ten minutes later, she thinks to herself "wait a second... i have family in mexico and i really do want to be there for them" then she crosses back into mexico. (i know this does not really happen, but for arguments sake...) in this situation, whos rights did she violate? nobody's.

however, if she goes into the US, obtains a job illegally, uses a false ID, spends US/state Tax money, etc... then she is violating rights. this is fraud. the simple act of crossing the boarder is not the problem. the problem is we are letting them get away with things when they get here.

Like Vulchor, i support the Arizona law for the most part, but, unlike Vulchor, i do not support a government appointed judge, jury, and executioner rolled into one standing at the boarder shooting people on sight.

laker, as for puro and myself "not wanting to play nice at all anymore" i would like to refer you to Vulchors first post in this thread where he said:
    Vulchor:
    Of course, its another way the Right Wing continues their quest to divide America in any way possible while offering a lot of humor and rhetoric but very little substance......but entertainment value is pretty good.
    my question concerning this post is this:
    how are we supposed to look at this as anything other than the typical sarcastic, mal-intended comment given his history such posts?

quite often he will enter a thread where you, puro, phobic, and myself are having a civilized, yet heated, debate, and make racist, hateful, comments that have no substance to the conversation at hand. (and i DO find that a bit ironic because he is calling the site Puro linked to "rhetoric" with "very little substance."
    its as if it is ok for him to make comments of that nature, but it is not for Puro to.

i would like to make a bit of a correction here. this chunk:
    kuzi16:
    quite often he will enter a thread where you, puro, phobic, and myself are having a civilized, yet heated, debate, and make racist, hateful, comments that have no substance to the conversation at hand.
    is not what i intended to say.

to my knowledge, Vulchor has not made a racist comment in a debate (other than "teabagger" and that is still up for debate so i will give the benefit of the doubt). He has called entire movements of people, groups of people, and hinted at individuals as racist, but as for making racist comments himself, he has not. i meant to say that he has called others racist when he does not know what is in their hearts.
    Sorry for this mistake.
    kuzi16:
    i would like to make a bit of a correction here. this chunk:
    kuzi16:
    quite often he will enter a thread where you, puro, phobic, and myself are having a civilized, yet heated, debate, and make racist, hateful, comments that have no substance to the conversation at hand.
    is not what i intended to say.

to my knowledge, Vulchor has not made a racist comment in a debate (other than "teabagger" and that is still up for debate so i will give the benefit of the doubt). He has called entire movements of people, groups of people, and hinted at individuals as racist, but as for making racist comments himself, he has not. i meant to say that he has called others racist when he does not know what is in their hearts.
    Sorry for this mistake.
    To me the funny thing is that people from both side continue to call other people names while whining about the other people calling them names. They spend so much time and energy in these useless areas that they spend little to no time on the solutions. There is just way too much political rethoric on here to take any of it seriously. We don't really need to have these discussions under these terms as we all have a "camp" and the "other camp" knows everything about our beliefs and desires for the future of government, and on and on.

This very discussion got off to labels and name calling and slid into personal attacks. Too Rush Limbaugh for me. Not even very entertaining anymore.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    kuzi16:

in fact, i can take it a step further and say that crossing the boarder in and of itself should not be illegal.
    youd really be ok with that??
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    PuroFreak:
    it was the most backhanded compliment in history...
    i can think of a worse one:

Your wife is great in bed.
    Alex Williams:
    PuroFreak:
    it was the most backhanded compliment in history...
    i can think of a worse one:

Your wife is great in bed.
    Yea, but damn she charges WAY too much! haha Nice one Alex!
    Sorry for thowing in opinions considered sarcastic, uncivilized, disrespectful, racist, or inflammatory. Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to mature to the point of sticking strictly to facts and using no humor while also dealing what I consider absurd in a more healthy way. Although, I doubt it and cant see myself trying too hard. But I will try to stay out of political discussions here because the amount to nothing than stroke fests for the like minded and intolerence of those who differ. There is my last attempt at being civil in this topic after already explaining I was trying to compliment Puros attempt at his own webite, while also giving my opinion as to the material of the site----which was stated to be welcome, just not my opinion apparently. Im out---P.S. please Kuzi, there is no reason to pick this post into 15 different pieces and respond to each with your opinion either, as stated...Im out.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:

Perhaps simply take a stand on an issue, free from political party or labeled philosophy (liberal or conservative)? Perhaps simply love his nation and wish to see its laws followed, from an intellectual viewpoint instead of a passionate one? Pretty refreshing if you ask me - I like it!

Alex Williams:
    kuzi16:

in fact, i can take it a step further and say that crossing the boarder in and of itself should not be illegal.
    youd really be ok with that??
    as long as the rights that are being violated once they get here are dealt with then yes. it is not ok for anyone to violate rights. crossing the boarder does not violate rights, but just about everything thats done after they is a violation of rights. clean that all up and there is no incentive to come here illegally.

but i dont really wanna get into that. maybe on a different forum.
    laker1963:
    To me the funny thing is that people from both side continue to call other people names while whining about the other people calling them names. They spend so much time and energy in these useless areas that they spend little to no time on the solutions. There is just way too much political rethoric on here to take any of it seriously. We don't really need to have these discussions under these terms as we all have a "camp" and the "other camp" knows everything about our beliefs and desires for the future of government, and on and on.

This very discussion got off to labels and name calling and slid into personal attacks. Too Rush Limbaugh for me. Not even very entertaining anymore.

well spoken

Vulchor:
    Sorry for thowing in opinions considered sarcastic, uncivilized, disrespectful, racist, or inflammatory. Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to mature to the point of sticking strictly to facts and using no humor while also dealing what I consider absurd in a more healthy way. Although, I doubt it and cant see myself trying too hard. But I will try to stay out of political discussions here because the amount to nothing than stroke fests for the like minded and intolerence of those who differ. There is my last attempt at being civil in this topic after already explaining I was trying to compliment Puros attempt at his own webite, while also giving my opinion as to the material of the site----which was stated to be welcome, just not my opinion apparently. Im out---P.S. please Kuzi, there is no reason to pick this post into 15 different pieces and respond to each with your opinion either, as stated...Im out.
    this right here is probably the most rational thing ive seen you post ever. not only that, its is probably one of the more rational things posted on this forum in regards to political issues in quite some time

as laker stated in the first quote, we dont have to have these discussions in this format.

these are highly politicized times we live in. it is easy to get wrapped up in it. it is easy to get frustrated about them in all aspects.

laker has bowed out. Vulchor has bowed out. Maybe it is time for me to bow out as well.
    this forum is supposed to be about cigars. we all have that in common. lets stick to that. lets all remain Brothers Of The Leaf.

kuzi16:
    laker1963:

well spoken

Vulchor:
    this right here is probably the most rational thing ive seen you post ever. not only that, its is probably one of the more rational things posted on this forum in regards to political issues in quite some time

as laker stated in the first quote, we dont have to have these discussions in this format.

these are highly politicized times we live in. it is easy to get wrapped up in it. it is easy to get frustrated about them in all aspects.

laker has bowed out. Vulchor has bowed out. Maybe it is time for me to bow out as well.
    this forum is supposed to be about cigars. we all have that in common. lets stick to that. lets all remain Brothers Of The Leaf.

But that is not the point of this entire thread... This has become something it was never meant to be, I was talking about a website I created and inviting my BOTL's from all political beliefs to join in on it if you wish to discuss politics. This thread was not meant for a debate or argument...

Back on topic, we have posted a new PodCast on the site for anyone interested. Thanks again guys and I hope we have some of you sign up on the forums even if it isn't to discuss politics. I am actually creating a "Cigar Talk" board that is politics free.