Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Micro-Batch S-2 Torpedo

Alright guys, here's my first review, which is fitting because it's my first cigar from cigar.com, and my first cigar i finished all the way! So this being new to me take everything i say with a grain of salt. UNLIT DRAW: Earthy, slightly sweet. TOTAL BURN TIME: 1 hour 15 minutes QUALITY OF BURN: Had no issues with this at all. very nice ash, got about an inch and a half long to two inches before it dropped off. very light coloration to the ash. good draw to it as well, not too tight, but not too loose. 1ST THIRD: Notes of pepper and earth. not too sweet on the lips. about an inch in, strong spicy notes come in. very nice, not overpowering. feel it in the gut, but in a very pleasant way. 2ND THIRD: Mellows out quite a bit. still some pepper and spice, more earthy now. every once in a while the spiciness makes itself known. somewhat mediocre. FINAL THIRD: The spiciness and the pepper become very pronounced and very nice on the tongue, and it works its way around the mouth. strong earthy notes compliment in the background. All in all, not a bad smoke. Very reasonable price point, i would smoke it again if i weren't trying to branch out and try everything out there.

Comments

• brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Good review, I just got some of these and haven't tried them yet. You're review makes me want to break one out right now before work :) Good work.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite in the micro-batch series. Good first review.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    Thanks guys, hope to work on another review soon haha
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    My favorite in the micro-batch series. Good first review.
    yes I'd agree. nice review by the way.
    thanks squirrel.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    surfingzeeko:
    Alright guys, here's my first review, which is fitting because it's my first cigar from cigar.com, and my first cigar i finished all the way! So this being new to me take everything i say with a grain of salt.

UNLIT DRAW:
    Earthy, slightly sweet.

TOTAL BURN TIME: 1 hour 15 minutes

QUALITY OF BURN:
    Had no issues with this at all. very nice ash, got about an inch and a half long to two inches before it dropped off. very light coloration to the ash. good draw to it as well, not too tight, but not too loose.

1ST THIRD:
    Notes of pepper and earth. not too sweet on the lips. about an inch in, strong spicy notes come in. very nice, not overpowering. feel it in the gut, but in a very pleasant way.

2ND THIRD:
    Mellows out quite a bit. still some pepper and spice, more earthy now. every once in a while the spiciness makes itself known. somewhat mediocre.

FINAL THIRD:
    The spiciness and the pepper become very pronounced and very nice on the tongue, and it works its way around the mouth. strong earthy notes compliment in the background.

All in all, not a bad smoke. Very reasonable price point, i would smoke it again if i weren't trying to branch out and try everything out there.
    Thank you for formatting it back into its original state. It looked a lot better when i first did it lol