Home Non Cigar Related

Crown Royal Black

I saw the new Crown Royal Black in my local liquor store. I picked up a 750 ml bottle just to try it out. I am currently drinking a good long pour of it while on ice while smoking a Camacho Corojo Robusto; great pairing. Has anyone else tried the Crown Royal Black?

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Not much of a whiskey man, but how is it compared to the regular Crown Royal?
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    wwhwang:
    Not much of a whiskey man, but how is it compared to the regular Crown Royal?
    The flavors are pretty much the same; they are just a little more concentrated.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    excuse me while i head out to get some of this...the local costco near me had a awesome special for the 1.75(maybe even bigger bottles of this) for only like 25 bucks...lol..one lady(who owns a bar i think bought around 18 bottles lol
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I doubt she bought 18 bottles from a retailer for use at a bar if she values her liquor license ;)
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    One2gofst:
    I doubt she bought 18 bottles from a retailer for use at a bar if she values her liquor license ;)
    Different states have different liquor laws. I think you can pretty much do anything you want in CA.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Crown Royal Black is on my "must try" list...... I'm a huge Crown Royal fan.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I dont know if she owned a bar, or maybe her whole extended family is just a bunch of alcholics..lol..who knows..but i wanted to party with them! lol
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    lilwing88:
    Crown Royal Black is on my "must try" list...... I'm a huge Crown Royal fan.....
    Never been a crown fan. If I want a Canadian Blended, it's Tangle Ridge. But, I'm just a bourbon **** anyways. I love my Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare. I do like Crown mixed with Red Bull though.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    cholmes8310:
    lilwing88:
    Never been a crown fan. If I want a Canadian Blended, it's Tangle Ridge. But, I'm just a bourbon **** anyways. I love my Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare. I do like Crown mixed with Red Bull though.

ummmmm Buffalo Trace ...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    jpclotfelter:
    One2gofst:
    Different states have different liquor laws. I think you can pretty much do anything you want in CA.
    Speaking from experience of in-laws owning a bar, and having a personal hand in the running of it sometimes, they can and do buy some alcohol at Costco. Not always, as they have a regular distributor, but they have.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have been wanting to try this new whiskey from Crown Royal since I found out about it couple of weeks ago. Whiskey is my favorite liquor, and I do like Crown. How does it compare to the Special Reserve?

"Long ashes my friends."