Home Non Cigar Related

2010 STATE REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
I stumbled across this and I know a lot of you are R's but here's a good read for ya...
http://static.texastribune.org/media/documents/FINAL_2010_STATE_REPUBLICAN_PARTY_PLATFORM.pdf

Some reason I found a lot of it to be in violation of making sense...

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Damn pheeps... cliff notes buddy.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Damn pheeps... cliff notes buddy.

the last two pages sum it up but the "logic" is in the 23 previous pages
    some of it isnt bad but there are issues.

again, im gunna try to stay out of this because its been shown that every political thread here degrades to an argument over who called who a name and when. thats not debate. thats stupid. i dont wanna be part of that.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I agree Kuzi, it is not woth discussing here. It is what it is. I am sure the other side has something insanely stupid they want to do too, Oh wait, we are living it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I don't want to go down there too, just thought I'd post it for those to see it.
    fla-gypsy:
    I agree Kuzi, it is not woth discussing here. It is what it is. I am sure the other side has something insanely stupid they want to do too, Oh wait, we are living it.
    well tom harkin is pushing for that right now, which is really odd to me. but wtf, most of 'em are freaking corrupt. though I wish there would be more support from the republicans especially for things that they advocate for and for people to at least get unemployment benefits. I've been really pissed at the dems over some of the primarys.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Well I say torch the all. If you are an incumbent, you're gone! How is it congress can have a 10% approval rating yet we reelect 90% of them and keep them in office. Just a total head scratched.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Well I say torch the all. If you are an incumbent, you're gone! How is it congress can have a 10% approval rating yet we reelect 90% of them and keep them in office. Just a total head scratched.
    AMEN! There is one piece of legislation that could be passed to virtually stomp out political corruption, yet it would be virtually impossible to pass... TERM LIMITS! Clean house in congress and get rid of the entrenched corruption and we would all be in better shape.
    Alex Svenson:
    I'd say that would be an option, I think there should be a term limit for congress that is for sure.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Alex Svenson:
    I'd say that would be an option, I think there should be a term limit for congress that is for sure.
    Holy crap man! Something else we agree on! It's getting to be a scary world around here man! lol
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I think 1 term as a senator, and 3 terms as a congressman, one of which cannot be consecutive.
    cabinetmaker:
    I think 1 term as a senator, and 3 terms as a congressman, one of which cannot be consecutive.
    Maybe that way they can serve the country and the office, and not so much their own interests.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    PuroFreak:
    Alex Svenson:
    AMEN! There is one piece of legislation that could be passed to virtually stomp out political corruption, yet it would be virtually impossible to pass... TERM LIMITS! Clean house in congress and get rid of the entrenched corruption and we would all be in better shape.
    Hell yes, Term limits. It's so ridiculous to have career politicians.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    TatuajeVI:
    PuroFreak:
    Alex Svenson:

Well He_ll Tat ...if they can't be career politicians what will all those "stupid people" do for a living !!!
    gmill880:
    TatuajeVI:
    PuroFreak:
    Alex Svenson:

Well He_ll Tat ...if they can't be career politicians what will all those "stupid people" do for a living !!!
    The world needs ditch-diggers too.... just sayin...