Home Cigar 101
Options

Differences in vitolas?

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
Hey, guys. What do you think about different types of vitolas? A lot of people love and hate the same shape and size cigars for some reason. Are there really any significant differences in these?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It depends. Some manufacturers alter blends to maintain a consistency throught the entire line, regardless of the vitola, and others just allow the changes to occur that will occur with varying amounts of tobacco/sizes. Personally I like when the blend is not altered, so that different vitolas have different tastes.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    I like smaller ring gauges 44 to 48 like lonadale or the classic corona you get alot more flavor from the wrapper and smoke a little quicker the down side is they tend to burn hot so they take some getting use to
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

have you read my blending 101 thread?

top of the second page has what you are looking for.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    First time a vitola ever was really noticeable to me was when I smoked a MOW Virtue lonsdale followed by a churchill - quite a bit of difference in the intensity of the flavors. I love the churchill vitola, but the lonsdale is just too much for me; others feel the lonsdale is great and the churchill is the one that needs work. Go figure