Home General Discussion

Idiot posting thread

were is the best place to find out info on posting. You know the how toos all the way down to the very basics

Comments

• docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    I read your posts. Looks like you've got the hang of it.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    jship079:
    were is the best place to find out info on posting. You know the how toos all the way down to the very basics
    Here you go, man. Hope it helps. I'd recommend bookmarking it since the forums don't have a sticky feature for this. http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/post/71003.aspx
  • babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    Oooooh, thanks for posting that! (From another idiot here)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    yeah, I really think the so called MOD needs to put up some sticky's. Seems as though a lot of the same questions get asked. Plus it makes it easier.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    "So called", indeed. Would be so nice if you could just type and it would put the same breaks in that you did. Dare to dream, would be nice to have an easy way to post links and pictures.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im ok with the formatting. it keeps the lazy population down.

... i would like some stickies on the following topics:
    cellophane or no cellophane
    seasoning a humidor
    calibrating a hygrometer

thank you.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    There was a great thread in this General Discussion section called how to format your posts. If you search for that and then view the entire thread the very first post has all the info. you need and then some.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

Yeah, but it also perpetuates a non-functioning MOD. A lot of us here could use some help and have asked for it on numerous occasions. But it never seems to be forthcoming.

It has not a d**n thing to do with lazy.

Marty

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this may get you started, http://chodecircus.com/area51/
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    yeah i guss I was just looking for some Q&A stuff like pm's, how to respond to a persons post instead of the post in general like jlmarta did with kuzi I would not know the difference between easy and hard since Ive never been on any forums maby that my problem
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Oh, the way jlmarta responded to kuzi was by clicking on the quote rectangle instead of the reply rectangle. This will bring up the post as a quote to start off your post. To pm (private message) somebody click on their name or avatar (picture) and a little sheet of information on them will come up including a click to their bio which is where a lot of people put their favorites and wishlists of cigars. On this same sheet you will also see a clickable sentence that says "send **** a private message."
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:

seasoning a humidor
    calibrating a hygrometer

thank you.
    May are you biased against the lazies? I mean the lazies have feelings too.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    kuzi16:

seasoning a humidor
    calibrating a hygrometer

thank you.
    May are you biased against the lazies? I mean the lazies have feelings too.
    Yes, but would they go through the trouble of voicing their feelings? :P It's like procrastinators trying to organize a group. They'll do it later and forget about it.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    So, is this the thread for idiots to post to? My name is Greg, and I'm an idiot; but I digress... Can someone tell me if its better to leave my cigars in or out of the cellophane? And I'm also having hygrometer problems, any suggestions?
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    cabinetmaker:
    So, is this the thread for idiots to post to? My name is Greg, and I'm an idiot; but I digress... Can someone tell me if its better to leave my cigars in or out of the cellophane? And I'm also having hygrometer problems, any suggestions?
    You leave them in the cello until the next time it rains at your house, then take then out and put them in a shallow tupperware dish with no lid and leave them outside so the cigars have plenty of time to moisten up. Then put the hydrometer in the dish to make sure they are indeed moist.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    cabinetmaker:
    Cellophane is evil. Any cigars that u have stored with cello on are destroyed. You should send them to me immediately. Your hygrometer problems are horrible as well, so your cigars that are not stored in cello are also ruined. Send them to me along with the ones stored in cellol.

See? I'm here to help!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    TatuajeVI:
    cabinetmaker:
    Cellophane is evil. Any cigars that u have stored with cello on are destroyed. You should send them to me immediately. Your hygrometer problems are horrible as well, so your cigars that are not stored in cello are also ruined. Send them to me along with the ones stored in cellol.

See? I'm here to help!
    LMAO that'd be hazardous to you Tat only send him half and send me the other half ;)
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    ENFIDL:
    TatuajeVI:
    cabinetmaker:

See? I'm here to help!
    LMAO that'd be hazardous to you Tat only send him half and send me the other half ;)
    heh, knowing Cabbie, we'd be smoking a whole hell of a lot of cigars for many months even if he split his stash between the two of us. :)
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:

The first answer, even though you didn't ask it, is that it's impolite to hijack a thread. Since you're an admitted idiot, we'll excuse you this time. This thread is about posting and the currently existing difficulties of trying to do same.

If you want to ask about cello/no cello, all you need to do is look up the proper thread and post to it. If one doesn't exist, then you create one. In the case of your question, it's been asked and answered numerous times so you shouldn't have any problem finding it.

Hope this helps.

Marty