Home General Discussion

Pre Light ritual

I was wondering what some of you guys pre light rituals are most of us have them maybe taste the unlite stick, listen to is crackel in you finger tips as you roll it threw your fingers, maybe same chair always make fresh coffee any thing

Comments

• pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    I always smell the foot and puff on it a couple times to make sure the draw isnt too tight.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    My pre-light ritual is carrying half my house outside with me before lighting up. I need some sort of shopping cart to bring my lighter, back up lighter, back-up back-up wooden matches, cutter, drink, glue-stick, tasting journal, pen, laptop, and laptop charger out on the porch.
    Did I forget anything?

Seriously tho, I give the stick a quick once-over, sniff around, lick the cap, cut, draw a few times, then toast.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I always use the cutter my grandpa gave me before he passed away. Thats about it =p.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    drag computer out to the same chair at the table...turn on my lights over patio, light bug candles to not getting eating alive, drag charger out, drag dumb husky outside, get the beer into a iced cup and starting drinking then light up as usual
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    nope, just punch/cut, take a few puffs, then toast.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Where do you get all of these pictures of squirrels ???
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I like to examine the wrapper, feel how tightly it's packed, then smell the foot. Love that aroma

"Long ashes my friends."

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Picking out the cigar is half of my ritual. I feel the cigar, looking for soft spots or knots, then smell the foot and look at the tobacco and how that stick is packed. If all seems good, my Xikar redwood cutter and trusty lighter come with us (me and the cigar) to the back yard. I also bring a beverage; different choice for different cigars. I always take a draw after cutting the cap to see if the cigar draws properly before toasting, and finally lighting the cigar. Once the cigar is lit, I let it rest a minute before smoking.

Guess that all might seem a little ****, but it's what I've done for so long now I don't know any other way to enjoy a cigar.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    Guess that all might seem a little ****, but it's what I've done for so long now I don't know any other way to enjoy a cigar.

i may have you beat....
    camgfs:
    Picking out the cigar is half of my ritual.
    yes. i agree with that.

but before i even do that i make sure to get some food in me. get a good meal THEN let the relaxation begin.

often while selecting a cigar i find myself wandering over to the computer to see what i can about the a cigar that i may have never had before. I try to find out what to expect.

i remove the cellophane and take a long hard look at it. I look for imperfections. as im looking im giving it the mildest of all squeezes looking for soft spots. anything strange i put in the back of my head so if there are issues later on i can see if its in the spot where i noticed imperfections.

i then lick the cap. i dont really suck on it but i do have plenty of time to taste it.

the cut is usually with my punch unless vitola warrants otherwise.

i then lick the place i cut but not in a tasting fashion, but rather to get the little remaining bits of tobacco off that came off in the cut.

then the draw test.

of course the toast of the foot and the actual light.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Take out the cigar, put the cap in my mouth, rotate once (both to taste, and because the moisture reduces cracking when I cut it). Cut, blow off the top (hate those bits of tobacco in my mouth), then take a quick draw to see how it draws. Then light
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I take a good long smell of the stick and then clip as little as possible and do a pre light draw to test for correct draw. I then toast the end thoroughly for ignition before drawing. After several good draws, it is relax time.
    kuzi16:
    camgfs:

i may have you beat....
    camgfs:
    yes. i agree with that.

but before i even do that i make sure to get some food in me. get a good meal THEN let the relaxation begin.

often while selecting a cigar i find myself wandering over to the computer to see what i can about the a cigar that i may have never had before. I try to find out what to expect.

i remove the cellophane and take a long hard look at it. I look for imperfections. as im looking im giving it the mildest of all squeezes looking for soft spots. anything strange i put in the back of my head so if there are issues later on i can see if its in the spot where i noticed imperfections.

i then lick the cap. i dont really suck on it but i do have plenty of time to taste it.

i then lick the place i cut but not in a tasting fashion, but rather to get the little remaining bits of tobacco off that came off in the cut.

then the draw test.

wow, what ever happened to rolling out of bed brewing some coffee and enjoying a opus...? lol. I have to admit though I am no where near as meticulous as you are. Though I bet it really does do the trick on relaxing ya.
    The Cank:
    Where do you get all of these pictures of squirrels ???
    lol, I have more but doug wanted to see my "war" face.. hehe.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    camgfs:

i may have you beat....
    camgfs:
    yes. i agree with that.

then the draw test.

wow, what ever happened to rolling out of bed brewing some coffee and enjoying a opus...? lol. I have to admit though I am no where near as meticulous as you are. Though I bet it really does do the trick on relaxing ya.
    ya see... thats the good thing about cigars. you can put as much or as little into it as you want, and still have a great time at it.

one of the biggest reasons that i like cigars is that i like to read and look up stuff. its about research (for lack of a better term). i can enjoy cigars every day by going to this forum or looking things up about different cigars, even if i dont smoke a cigar that day.