Home Cigar 101

Packages from Ccom.

vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
i just got my man o war virtues in the mail today. wanted to see if anyone else got there sticks from the daily deal without a humi pack in it. Its over 109 degrees at my place today. thought that was a little wierd. sticks were a little warm but not damaged. is this common? every time i have ordered there has been a humi pack.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    vegassparky:
    i just got my man o war virtues in the mail today. wanted to see if anyone else got there sticks from the daily deal without a humi pack in it. Its over 109 degrees at my place today. thought that was a little wierd. sticks were a little warm but not damaged. is this common? every time i have ordered there has been a humi pack.
    It's a very rare occurrence, but it does happen. It's CCom's policy to put a humi-pillow in the bag, but sometimes, the guys doing inventory might mess up. It's nothing more than human error on the packer's part. But luckily, nothing's damaged, right? If it were, you could just call up CCom and they'd replace anything that was damaged.
  • GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    Was it a 5 pack? I noticed with smaller packages they sometimes don't have one.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Usually they do, but it is ok,High heat plus high humidity is no good either,i had a package that travelled 5 days without a pack and stayed outside my door all day in the Las Vegas heat,they were very hot but fresh as well,no dryness ,cracking or anything whatsoever.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Oh,and dont be in a rush to throw them in the humi while hot,let them cool down a bit!
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    My last order didn't have a humi pack... and I had about 10 cigars in that package. I though it was weird also. Well we will see when my orders arrives this week
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    vegassparky:
    It's a very rare occurrence, but it does happen. It's CCom's policy to put a humi-pillow in the bag, but sometimes, the guys doing inventory might mess up. It's nothing more than human error on the packer's part. But luckily, nothing's damaged, right? If it were, you could just call up CCom and they'd replace anything that was damaged.

i dont think they are messing up now days, the last 4 orders i received from them had no pillows either , some of them 2-3 packs of daily deals in the box,
    ccom has not replaced the damaged nubs from of the daily deals from about 2 weeks ago,
    im waiting to hear back from them i was to get a call tag to send them back,
    but ill chalk it up as a loss anda lesson,basicly i will not be placing ay orders with them any further
    at least there sister site is more honorable they replace and correct any errors quick fast and in a hurry,just my most current exp. with ccom
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Sorry to hear that man. Every time I have had any problem with Ccom they have always sorted it ASAP.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rossdavey2:
    Sorry to hear that man. Every time I have had any problem with Ccom they have always sorted it ASAP.
    id give them another chance too...

back tot he original post about no humi pacs....

with temps like 109 adding a humi pack in a bag like that would send the RH skyrocketing to the point where they could start to split. i think its a good thing they didnt. in the summer months and in the extreme winter months i do not ad a humi pack to my shipping either. summer for the above reasons, winter because it just freezes and does nothing anyway.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I guess all I can say is each individuals experience may vary. I have been blown away by what Ccom has done to make an order right, while the other site basically called me a liar and told me to pound sand.
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    wwhwang:
    vegassparky:

i dont think they are messing up now days, the last 4 orders i received from them had no pillows either , some of them 2-3 packs of daily deals in the box,
    ccom has not replaced the damaged nubs from of the daily deals from about 2 weeks ago,
    im waiting to hear back from them i was to get a call tag to send them back,
    but ill chalk it up as a loss anda lesson,basicly i will not be placing ay orders with them any further
    at least there sister site is more honorable they replace and correct any errors quick fast and in a hurry,just my most current exp. with ccom
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Got my July cotm 5 gar package yesterday, with a humi pillow.

Most of the time I get a humi pillow, when I don't I think it has been when the gars were boxed or in shrink wrap in either case the pillow would probably have been of little benefit.

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    If my sticks come in a CCOM ziploc baggie, there's always a pillow. I've gotten a five pack at times that are wrapped up in cellophane with a cardboard backing, and there hasn't been one. IIRC, that's only happened once though.

And I've never had any issues with the cigars I get. They're always in good condition.
  • edhedh Posts: 61
    vegassparky:
    I didn't get pillows with my Virtues either. CCOM has been inconsistent when it comes to including pillows in my orders--that goes for 5-packs in cello and singles. I've also had a few times when the pillow was included, but not charged. Fortunately, the pillow lapses haven't caused any issues for me.

On a different note, do the caps on your Virtues look sloppy? I started my Virtue experience with the "amateur glue hour." The other AJ sticks I've had in the past have all had good construction.
  • krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    thedjfish@comcast.net - I am sorry to hear that, I do apologize. Shoot me an email wth what happened and I will have this taken care of right away.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    Yeah it's been hit or miss for me as far as the pillows. some have em, some dont. still, they arrive so fast it's not a huge deal....just would be nice. And I have had one arrive with the pillow not charged.