Home General Discussion

storage

Is is OK to store my cigars in the fridge in a zip lock bag?

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    cgo1:
    NO, never under any circumstances store cigars in the fridge. If anything put them in a ziplock bag with a slightly damp paper towel until you can get a humidor
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    cgo1:
    NO, never under any circumstances store cigars in the fridge. If anything put them in a ziplock bag with a slightly damp paper towel until you can get a humidor
    Agreed. The fridge will eat the cigars alive. It sucks out all the humidity and leaves you with horrible damaged cigars. I also advise not to freeze them.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    See my signature block below... :-D
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If they're in a ziplock bag with a humidity element, shouldn't that negate the fridge's humidity sucking properties? I wouldn't do this myself, mainly because I see no reason to, but if they're in a sealed environment and humidified, I don't see where it would be an issue.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    If they're in a ziplock bag with a humidity element, shouldn't that negate the fridge's humidity sucking properties? I wouldn't do this myself, mainly because I see no reason to, but if they're in a sealed environment and humidified, I don't see where it would be an issue.
    Can a decent rh be maintained in such a cold environment? Obviously it'll drop, but I wonder how much.