Home Ratings & Reviews

Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles

docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
I know a bunch of you grabbed these on the DD last week. Here goes...

TATUAJE HAVANA VI NOBLES

5x50 Robusto

I will preface this by saying I am a huge fan of all of the Tatuaje cigars I have smoked (not many!) so I may be biased going into it...

This stick is a small robusto, the ring certainly doesn't seem to actually be 50... More like 46, maybe 47. I'm not certain though. The wrapper is an attractive medium brown, with a few veins here and there. The pack seems to be pretty full, giving the stick a pretty firm feel. The foot and body give a soft cedar and tobacco smell.

The prelight draw is firm, and gives a sweet tobacco flavor. It also leaves a slight tingle on the tongue and lips.

Lit at 12:00am

Initial draws give a tobacco, earth and a peppery finish. Despite a firm draw, smoke production is just perfect.

Sweet leather develops in the first third. At just an inch in, I can already say the burn is impressive. It's like... RAZOR sharp.This stick has a great bold flavor, but a medium strength at most so far. Big fan of that combo.

Just before the halfway point a strong cedar flavor comes out, with a return to the pepper finish. The ash is flaky looking, but holds on a good inch and a half or two inches each time.

In the final third the flavors have turned slightly heavier. The smoke has gotten richer, but remains cool. I noticed after the last ashing that there is a small tunnel present to one side, but frankly with only two inches left in the stick, it doesn't matter at this point. I know some dudes talk about getting cocoa from this stick... not me. Still plenty of my favorite flavors present and in a stick this size, to have this much complexity is great.

Finally got hot and soft right as I started burning my fingers, 1:20am. So an hour twenty minutes on a stick I swear is smaller than 5x50.

Comments

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the great review! Did you get yours on the DD? I did, and of course I want to smoke one NOW, but felt they needed a few weeks rest. If you are getting that kind of result on sticks acquired on the same DD, I guess I should be good to go!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    yum. Do yourself a favor and give it a try in the "angeles" size. 4.6x42. To me, it's always had more flavor than the robusto.