Options

If you stopped buying sticks today...

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Goldy:
    15 years. I have a collecting problem...
    Do I dare ask how many you currently have? Yes I do!

Yes, Goldy, please do tell, so we can gasp in awe at the extent of your "collecting" problem.

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    MrMoke:
    Hayblet:
    Goldy:

Yes, Goldy, please do tell, so we can gasp in awe at the extent of your "collecting" problem.

Its not that I have a ton, I just only get two sticks a month or so. Collection is around 400 at the moment but I havent purchased anything for a while. Every stick I own has 1-2 years on it.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    MrMoke:
    Hayblet:
    Goldy:

Its called Hoarding.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Fourtotheflush:
    MrMoke:
    Hayblet:
    Goldy:

Its called Hoarding.
    yea, do you have newspapers laying around from the same time from you have those year aged sticks ;)
  • Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I would only last about 6 months. Shocked some of you guys have enough to last up to 5 years! haha
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    MrMoke:
    Hayblet:
    Goldy:

Its not that I have a ton, I just only get two sticks a month or so. Collection is around 400 at the moment but I havent purchased anything for a while. Every stick I own has 1-2 years on it.
    How often do you smoke? Doesn't seem like a lot based on the numbers.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    approximately 61 weeks
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    One thing we should all keep in mind, someone telling us how long their supply would last does not tell us how many sticks they have, unless you know their rate of consumption. For some folks 100 cigars would last them a year or more. But if someone is burning through 4+ a day, they are not even going to last a month.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'd probably last a year and a half. Maybe even 3. I haven't been smoking that long, either! I have a hoarding problem too...
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Forever I would rather die than smoke the last stick! I'd be down to the last one in a month or 2.

Like a bad sports team I'm in rebuilding mode.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    One2gofst:
    One thing we should all keep in mind, someone telling us how long their supply would last does not tell us how many sticks they have, unless you know their rate of consumption. For some folks 100 cigars would last them a year or more. But if someone is burning through 4+ a day, they are not even going to last a month.
    Exactly. As I mentioned earlier, there was already a thread about quantity and consumption rate. That one got me thinking about the relative size of the collection as a function of that consumption rate. A collection can be viewed as bigger or smaller than it really is depending on that rate. I thought it was interesting when viewed just from the amount of time it would take to burn through it. I also thought it was interesting that I have about 3 years of smokes, yet today, I am still out hunting around for deals. It really is the buying and collecting that's addicting, not the smoking.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I'd last around 1.5 to 2 years.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    around a year. if i didnt share with friends
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the time of year. Right now, I spend a lot of time out on my patio. I may smoke 3 to 4 per day. Also, now that my wife has joined me, we go through a lot of cigars daily.

With what I have on hand in the smoking and in the aging humdors, we could go about a month. In the winter, because we don't smoke inside, our current stash would last us three months or more.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also thought it was interesting that I have about 3 years of smokes, yet today, I am still out hunting around for deals. It really is the buying and collecting that's addicting, not the smoking.
    +1 The longest I have gone w/o being on the hunt for a deal is <36 hours. I am not addicted to smoking, the hunt for a deal maybe a different answer LOL...
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    bandyt09:
    I also thought it was interesting that I have about 3 years of smokes, yet today, I am still out hunting around for deals. It really is the buying and collecting that's addicting, not the smoking.
    +1 The longest I have gone w/o being on the hunt for a deal is
    +2! I'd say I could make it around a year if I HAD to with the ones I have now.