Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Dumb Canadian fishing rule

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
I'm headed back to Canada on Sunday and wanted to do some fishing in Labrador. I checked it out and a license is only 13 bucks but as a non resident I can only fish within 800m of a highway. The reason I wanted to go fishing was that I will be spending a lot of time in a helicopter in total seclusion and there have got to be TONS of fish in those secluded lakes. Those lakes are not 800 meters from any road so I guess that idea is out. grrr canada.

Comments

• Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    if you go there in a helicopter then just do it anyway! if you see smokey just wrap up and fly off!
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    I will sacrifice couple of tickets nad may be my pools taken just for this kinda trip that involves helis and big fish. Just do it!
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    If I had that oppertunity, I would jump on it like fleas on a mangy bloodhound.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    The law says that they can give you a fine of $1000, take your poles, and the vehicle you took to get there. How funny would it be to lose a chopper for fishing in the middle of the woods.

If I was on my own I would totally do it but since its at work I am a little hesitant. We will see how it goes.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    canada is pretty land. I would like to fish there, even if that close to the road. My wife and I went to Niagra Falls on our honeymoon and it was clean and nice. There are some funny people in canada, but most are friendly, but I wouldn't want to lose a chopper for just fishing.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    They don't sell any other type of license you can use? Like a non-resident annual or something? If not just say "what's this aboot eh?"
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    wwestern:
    They don't sell any other type of license you can use? Like a non-resident annual or something? If not just say "what's this aboot eh?"

Call the chopper company or some guides. US folk go up there fishing all the time way off the grid.

• Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    If they are badazz enough to swoop down on you in the middle of nowhere in a helo, I'd say they deserve the money. Good luck fishing
  • Options
    wwestern:

That is the only license they have for us non-res. If I live there for 6 months then I can get a resident license which allows me to fish anywhere. To fish outside that 800m zone you need a guide but it would be hard to take one of those on a chopper for work.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    bigbgballz:
    I will sacrifice couple of tickets nad may be my pools taken just for this kinda trip that involves helis and big fish. Just do it!
    Actually you could sacarfice everything you have that can be linked to fishing, like vehicle in this case a helicopter etc etc...