Home Cigar 101

i think i ruined my beads

bobdbobd Posts: 71

I charged my beads for a the first time using a spray bottle and I heard hissing and popping.  Some of the beads look fratured, my rh is ok right now.  Are these beads useless and if so how do I keep this from happening again?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    naw

86 freak out.

sub chillax

sorry for the restaurant terminology.
    they always do that if you add water directly to them.

some dont like it. personally, i dont care. they do it every time i charge. ive had my beads for 4 years and my RH is still pegged at 65% (i have 65% beads)

• bobdbobd Posts: 71
    thanks that makes me feel a little better.  Is it normal for those fractured ones to flake or chip a bit also?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yup. but it will not hurt the humidification properties of the beads. they will work as long as they dont break down at a molecular level.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    I also just pour distilled water on my beads they will fracture and break the only time you need to worry about that is if what you are keeping the beads in has slits or holes big enough for the pices to fall out i keep mine in a humi care jar with some extra holes in it about half way down if you put the holes the hole way down when you put the water in it might spill out