Home General Discussion

Most underrated/undervalued

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
No real criteria for this....use your own discretion...for me it is Cu-Avo Intensio....what a nice cigar for the price...burns a little uneven at times but other than that this is a great stick for the $$

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    ZAP:
    No real criteria for this....use your own discretion...for me it is Cu-Avo Intensio....what a nice cigar for the price...burns a little uneven at times but other than that this is a great stick for the $$
    Intenso for sure... also the Gurkha Park Ave, AJ Signature, and LHC OF... coincidental all three are AJ blends? I think not! All of those have permanent spots in my rotation, and I thinik the most expensive is normally available for less than $5 a stick. Most are $3 a stick.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I think a few of the Gurkha Micro batches are great budget sticks, with the Box pressed lancero being my favorite. I find myself not really smoking a lot of "bargain" cigars these days though, as the internet offers so many opportunities to get great cigars at like 3 or 4 dollars a piece (I have a pretty good stash of MOWs and Padilla Dominus that I got for between $3 and $4 each, which for me is pretty good for a daily cost!) I think the Padron brown label line is great for a low cost smoke. I also like the Nica Libre, Sol Cubano CC, La Herencia Cubana, and Diesel as cigars that can be had, online, for realllllly low prices. Just gotta catch the deals when they are out there, or talk the beard into giving you a ridiculous price (offer his grooming products to keep the beard clean and proper)
  • babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    I'm probably going to catch heat for this, but I gotta add Padilla Obsidian to the list. How does a cigar that tastes so good and is always on the cheap get so little respect?!

I'd also submit Perdomo Lot 23. I don't know if it's so much "underrated" as it just seems to be overshadowed by some of the more high-profile blends. Still...
  • babsdpu:
    I'm probably going to catch heat for this, but I gotta add Padilla Obsidian to the list. How does a cigar that tastes so good and is always on the cheap get so little respect?!

I'd also submit Perdomo Lot 23. I don't know if it's so much "underrated" as it just seems to be overshadowed by some of the more high-profile blends. Still...
    Wont catch heat from me, I actually love the obsidian! (most people have negative impression) I also enjoy Graycliff G2 and the Indian Tabac line...
    babsdpu:
    I think a lot of people have had construction/burn issues with the obsidian, making it sort of inconsistent in terms of performance.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love SCCC. I would only smoke these if I didnt like anything else lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
    Nica Libre is also a very good cheap flavorful stick.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Funny, one of the reps at ccom just recommended the Gran Habano Vintage 2002 as a great budget stick and I had to agree. I told him I had just smoked one the other day and will probably end up picking up a mazo of 20 at some point. I had a bit of a wavy burn, but at $2 a stick, you can't go wrong! The flavors were great at just about any price point below $10.
    Rob1110:
    Funny, one of the reps at ccom just recommended the Gran Habano Vintage 2002 as a great budget stick and I had to agree. I told him I had just smoked one the other day and will probably end up picking up a mazo of 20 at some point. I had a bit of a wavy burn, but at $2 a stick, you can't go wrong! The flavors were great at just about any price point below $10.
    Ive wanted to get some of them but I dont want to commit to 20 without trying it first.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    JSaint:
    Rob1110:
    Ive wanted to get some of them but I dont want to commit to 20 without trying it first.
    +1
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Biggest value to me is the La Hernecia Cubana Oscuro. I dont know regular price, but I know you can get some good bulk deals, and its well worth the price in them.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    to Jsaint and surfingzeeko, I'm sure if you call in with your next order, they'll give you a decent price. Although the single price is somewhere around 3 or 4 bucks.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Not sure which BOTL it was (Im thinking maybe robbyras???), but someone turned me on to Gurkha's Cuban Classic a few weeks back. Whoever it was, please stand up & take a bow! Great flavor & a better price point, cant ask for much more than that.

Verdadero is also on this list for me.

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    LHCOF, Gurkha Park Ave, Nica Libre are just a few. They have one thing in common. AJ Fernandez.
    not as cheap but definitely underrated - Perdomo Habano in either the Maduro or Habano wrapper. Excellent stick.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Second the Nica Libre and Gurkha Park Avenue. I would also like to submit the Padilla Achilles.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    It's easier to come up with overrated/overvalued sticks! This is hard!......

I guess I have to go with anything by AJ Fernandez. It always amazes me how affordable his stuff is, considering how consistent it is. Also, Nestor Miranda seems to have the Midas touch lately. His Special Selection line is really impressing me. And an honorable mention goes out to Esteban Carreras. He's been pumping out some very affordable highly underrated stuff lately.

Oh and last but not least..... Gurkha Cuban Legacy.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    The Sniper:
    Not sure which BOTL it was (Im thinking maybe robbyras???), but someone turned me on to Gurkha's Cuban Classic a few weeks back. Whoever it was, please stand up & take a bow! Great flavor & a better price point, cant ask for much more than that.

That was me... i love those... the are one of the few sticks with "Cuban" in the title that don't taste like goatass to me...
    I second the AJ Sig and cast a vote for the Ccom Brazilian... LOVE those babies!!!
  • zmcgrewzmcgrew Posts: 16
    Definitely gotta go with the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte. I tried my first one about a month ago, and have to say this may be my first box purchase. I was in shock when I first saw how cheap they were! Would have easily guessed it would have been a $10+ stick...
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I've got 3 off the top of my head.. Gran Habano Vintage 2002, Puros Indios Viejo Maduro, and Bahia Maduro.. you can get all of these in mazos of 20 for less than $40 each and they're all fabulous smokes
    LHC OF is definitely underpriced. Just smoked one, and it was definitely one of the best Maduros I've ever had.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:

+1 for verdadero! Also Cuba libre and flor de oliva. Both have excellent construction and awesome burn with lots of tasty flavor for only a few coins.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    +1 to anything A.J. does. Also have to add Arturo Fuente curly heads. Boxes of 40 for cheap and even though they are not long filler they are made with consistency. Cuban crafters cupido criollo, nice smokes for a nice price.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i used to love the Free Cuba brand. they need to sit in a humidor thats at 65% for about 6 months to get the good burn but at $1 a stick i was very happy with them.