Home Cigar 101

glass top humi

Hey everybody, I have a el rey 150 count humi and I love it. I moved its location cause I had temps at 76. My question is does the glass top have that much of an effect with the temp in the humi. Im thinking most likely. And if soo what sugg? you guys have with keeping it cool. I live on the second floor of a townhouse. Im trying out diff spots in my place. Thanks Stav- Millennium115

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    i have a 200 ct waxing moon humi that i treat like one of my children... I live in concord CA and it gets super hot here in the summer... it was 104 yesterday... I keep mine in my living room on the bar... far from direct sunlight and in a part of the house that has good air circulation... I never have a problem with temp... stays right around 70 degrees for the most part... sometimes it gets really hot here and I just do my best to keep it in a cool place... but I can only do so much
  • i know what you men, its my little baby and its almost full. Just got another humi 200cnt. Thanks for the advice. Ill find a nice cool place. Thanks Stav
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    I have a glass top humi and I put a towel over the top it to keep it cooler.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    i'm sure my advice is not the best, maybe someone knows better, but as long is I stay in the low 70's it's fine... I haven't had a problem...
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    both my humis are glass tops, one is a 150 ct, and the other is 300ct. I actually prefer glass tops over solid because I don't have to open the lid to see the RH/Temp. I'm pretty sure the glass tops don't hurt the cigars inside...unless they're in full sun.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've got a glass top sitting next to a regular one. Both are about 75 count size. I've got the exact same hygrometer model in each, and now that I think about it, I can't ever recall the temperature being different from each other. If I had to guess, I'd think the glass top probably changes temp a little faster, but not enough to matter, or even cause me to notice.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    76 is nothing to sweat. Any cool dark place will work. Direct sun is hard on any humi. Try not to put stuff over it because if it falls over the rim it will disrupt air exchange making matters worse
  • I wanted to thank all of you for your advice. Very helpful. I have my humi pretty much full, and I dont want to damage them b/c of the temp. Have a great weekend to all!! Stav- millennium115
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    I love my glass top ! i can look in to it and drool like a kid looking into a candy shop window
  • lol, I know what you mean, every time I pass by my baby ( the humi ) I always take a look....to admire it....
  • hardbuckhardbuck Posts: 14
    My wife bought me a nice glass top 125ct humi while I was across the pond. It is quite nice and holds at 70%. I do love looking in the top and couldn't imagine having one I could not see through.
  • hardbuck i totally agree brotha...its beautifullllllllll
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Have to say I'm a fan of the glass tops aswell. Just have a 100 count but its nice to look in on the ladies and see how things are going. I have to agree its nice just look in from time to time to see what the temp/Rh is doing. And yes if I look long enough, I tend to start drooling. HA