Home Ratings & Reviews

ISOM Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill

I have smoked probably a dozen of the R&J Short Churchills. Every single last one has been absolutely fantastic: perfect burn, perfect draw, great flavor...etc.

On my way through Dubai a couple weeks ago I picked up a box of 25. All the others I have smoked have been tubos that come in a pack of three.

The one I smoked last night was a total dud. It was rock hard near the cap and I couldn't draw any thing through it. It was all but a total loss.

I was really disappointed in this. The cigar was beautifully wrapped without flaw. I just knew that I was about to have great smoking experience.

The good news is that I have 23 more of these sitting in my humi. Hopefully I only got the one dud.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have one in my aging humidor.
    been looking forward to this thing for a long time.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    RyJ are the first ISOM I ever had when I was in Russia and still my favorite. I prefer the #1 tubos.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    jpclotfelter:
    I have smoked probably a dozen of the R&J Short Churchills. Every single last one has been absolutely fantastic: perfect burn, perfect draw, great flavor...etc.

On my way through Dubai a couple weeks ago I picked up a box of 25. All the others I have smoked have been tubos that come in a pack of three.

The one I smoked last night was a total dud. It was rock hard near the cap and I couldn't draw any thing through it. It was all but a total loss.

I was really disappointed in this. The cigar was beautifully wrapped without flaw. I just knew that I was about to have great smoking experience.

The good news is that I have 23 more of these sitting in my humi. Hopefully I only got the one dud.
    Give them a few months in the humi to open up a little, probably make a world of difference...
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    kuzi16:
    I don't mean to dash your hopes Kuzi. I've probably smoked twenty of these things and they have all been outstanding...except this one. I guess this just highlights the human element that goes into these things.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    What was the box stamp on those Jacob? I haven't had a ton of RyJ cigars, but one the ones I've had, I noticed that the fresh ones just aren't great, but they really start to come into their own with some humi time...hopefully the rest of them work out for you, that's a real bummer to get a box of cigars and have the first one be a dud.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    j0z3r:
    What was the box stamp on those Jacob? I haven't had a ton of RyJ cigars, but one the ones I've had, I noticed that the fresh ones just aren't great, but they really start to come into their own with some humi time...hopefully the rest of them work out for you, that's a real bummer to get a box of cigars and have the first one be a dud.
    The box is stamped with a date from 2007 so these have a couple years of age on them. The dud I got was just rolled way too tight towards the cap. It's frustrating but these things happen when you have a hand made product. I'm sure the rest of them will be fine.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jpclotfelter:
    kuzi16:
    I don't mean to dash your hopes Kuzi. I've probably smoked twenty of these things and they have all been outstanding...except this one. I guess this just highlights the human element that goes into these things.
    oh... im still looking forward to it. you dashed nothing.