Home Ratings & Reviews

Ghurka Park Avenue

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I'm usually not a fan of mild Connecticut shade wrappers. But this was definitely more on the medium part of the spectrum. The one I smoked also had at least a year of rest on it, which probably serves this blend well. It had lots of flavor, spice and heavy thick smoke. Draw was a little on the loose side, but burn was even. The ash held on for the first third, which impressed me. I'm considering a box purchase in the future. Again, I'll have to let them rest for at least six months before I dig in.

The more of Gurkha's affordable smokes I try, the more I like.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    This is one of my favorites from Gurkha. The first time I smoke one, I tasted bready and nutty flavors. Definitely a good smoke to have on a hot summer day.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    i enjoy this one too.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    One of my faves, love these.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite milds for sure.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    The first time I ever had one of these was pretty much OTT. All I got from it was a harsh tobacco flavor so I buried my remaining sticks in the humi to give away down the road. Anyway I forgot about them and revisited one about 10 months later and absolutely LOVED it. It had developed those nutty/cashew and bread flavors that I love in a connie.