Home Ratings & Reviews

God of Fire Cigars

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
I got a bunch awhile back and decided to tear into four of them for a review. I went ahead and smoked the Don Carlos and the Carlito head-to-head and really enjoyed them, though for me the Carlito was a little more to my liking (stronger, more spicy.) I've heard lots about them, and the full review is on my webpage (ubicigar.com) But I am interested in other's views. I don't know that a cigar is ever worth 20-27 dollars, but I suppose for special occasions, this is a nice treat.

Comments

• jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    I have been wanting to smoke one of these for a while but even with all the rave reviews I just cant spend that much for something that might not think is twice as good as anything I have ever smoked
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I've had about 9 of each and although the first 2 exploded, the rest were fantastic. I think they are worth the price.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    This really makes me want a GoF...but no money :( Alas, it shall be ever elusive to me.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Out of my price range right now. But I will put it on my bucket list
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I have tried both on a number of occasions. For some reason to me, the Don Carlos 2006 hits the spot. The Carlito is also very good. Both well worth the price, but there are cheaper stiks that can offer ALMOST as much flavor and body. I always look for deals on these and avoid paying the higher prices on them. There are a number of pricey stiks I really enjoy but I will definitely look and wait for GREAT deals.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I've only had the Carlito Robusto and was blown away. Much better than the Opus. As far as price, it's a once-a-year type of cigar for me.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • thehoffthehoff Posts: 76
    IMO nothing is comparable to the GOF.  Really unique flavor.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    i got a couple in my humi. they have been in there for two months. maybe this weekend one will meet its fate
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    call me crazy but I traded away the only GOF I've had so far, but in all honesty I don't think a special enough occasion would come around to where I could justify smoking it, but I'm sure I'll buy another one day.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I've had 2 fairly recently. The first was the best one (need to check which one it was). It had a great cedar note throughout. If you got a few extra bucks you really need to splurge.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the same boat with the guys that want to try this one out but can't afford it just yet. One day eventually will.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    This is on my list of sticks to get for my graduation celebration trip to Key West. At least a year and a half away, but so far I have GOF, Opus X, and Comacho PE on that list. :)
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    GoF is more rare than the Opus I believe, so if you ever have the chance of getting one, it might be worth just extra $$$, most people do it for the Opus once, why not the GoF?

"Long ashes my friends."

• The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Hayblet:
    call me crazy but I traded away the only GOF I've had so far, but in all honesty I don't think a special enough occasion would come around to where I could justify smoking it, but I'm sure I'll buy another one day.

And I thank you very much for that trade :-)
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The Cank:
    Hayblet:

And I thank you very much for that trade :-)
    What did u trade for it?

"Long ashes my friends."

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Hayblet:

Ur crazy, unless you got a good deal in return....

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

I have 4 06 Carlos Robustos resting in my humi......I like to think that they are marinating in their cigar juices!