Home Non Cigar Related

Any insight?

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
So I have to buy Groomsmen gifts for 6 guys... and I really don't know what to get... I can't really do flasks since one of my Groomsmen did them for his wedding last year... 2-3 of them are cigar smokers so that my work for them... cuff links seem lame...
have any of you guys been given a good groomsmen's gift before? Any and all ideas are welcomed!

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    My friend just attended a wedding as a groomsmen and the gift were pocket knives with custom engraving. Good quality knives too, but forgot the brand.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Check out this site ..... I got some cool gifts for my groomsmen from there. I got them the monogrammed money clip/wallet. You can get everyone the same thing or shop around and personalize.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    I edited my reply a few times..... sorry for the confusion.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I did engraved Ziippo's, nice solid silver color paired with color of the wedding.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    My buddy who got married last November did a knife set as well which I really dug. Another friend did personalized beer mugs.

I'm going a different route becuase our wedding is a bit more low-key. The gents are all wearing suits of their own and I'm gifting them all matching shirts, ties and pocket silks. So really my groomsmen's gift is that they don't have to rent or wear a tux.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    My uncle gave high quality coolers and filled it with their favorite beer. He also had over 20 guys in his wedding (don't ask). I gave humidors with some sticks. I also had the humidors personalized. Even the guys that don't smoke may keep a few on hand now and the others use it for their watches, money clip, etc. when they get home from work. I'm sure you can call the staff and they would hook you up.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Um, sports memorabilia? Autographed of course!
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Dude, I got it. A personal stripper for the evening.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    How's about cigars for smokers and decent liquor for everyone else?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'm leaning toward Tailored shirts and cuff links... or a nice wallet with a gift card inside... the gift cards would reflect each guys taste... but we'll see
    thanks for the help so far... keep em coming!
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I had a hard time getting stuff for my guys too. In the end my dad brought over a nice bottle of single malt. I got each guy a nice hip flask, filled it up. a couple of cigars, even for the none smokers. a bottle of hot sauce from my wifes family BBQ place. Oh and a thong that had a mini kilt on the front.

a nice gift, hip flasks, with a little humor.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    sightunseen:
    Dude, I got it. A personal stripper for the evening.
    THAT is a great idea! Hey Rob, when I crash your wedding I'm gonna have a stripper with me.
    Sounds good... as long as she isn't wearing an denim, it won't be a problem... The location has a strict "No Denim" rule... pretty sure strippers are ok though
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I actually kinda dig the personalized Zippo idea, and may steal that for my own groomsmen.. I also like the idea of wallets with personalized gift cards inside - that's a cool idea. I've been trying to figure out my own groomsmen presents as well, so forgive me if I poach on this thread lol...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    poach away... i figured we've all been in a few weddings in our time... I found this gift, it's a leather case and holds 2 tubes. 1 Tube is for a cigar and the other is a mini flask... also comes with a cutter and the leather can be personalized... pretty sweet but it's a little pricey...
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    zippo....zippo...zippo...zippo....lol. Just rooting for mine and I got Hays behind me.
    the zippos are great, but not all the guys are smokers... I may have to do a half and half deal here...
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    sneakers. I was the best man in my best friend's wedding and they gave sneakers to all the groomsmen and flip flops to all the bridesmaids to make the reception a little more comfortable. You'd be surprised at how much those were appreciated that night with those crappy, uncomfortable tuxedo shoes.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    robbyras:
    the zippos are great, but not all the guys are smokers... I may have to do a half and half deal here...
    Not to sound like a jerk, but in case you don't know, for the cigar smokers, make sure to get the Zippo Blue (it's a torch lighter, pretty good quality, and a lifetime warranty) and not the regular Zippo if you decide to go that route.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    I got a really nice cooking knives from my brother for his wedding. It was nice, but kind of random. What I think would be cool would be engraved leatherman multitools. Just because I have them on the brain and want one lol. Who wouldn't want to be able to fix anything, cut anything, or disarm a nuclear weapon with something that can fit EASILY in your pocket?
    TatuajeVI:
    robbyras:
    Not to sound like a jerk, but in case you don't know, for the cigar smokers, make sure to get the Zippo Blue (it's a torch lighter, pretty good quality, and a lifetime warranty) and not the regular Zippo if you decide to go that route.
    oh, for sure...
    surfingzeeko:
    I got a really nice cooking knives from my brother for his wedding. It was nice, but kind of random. What I think would be cool would be engraved leatherman multitools. Just because I have them on the brain and want one lol. Who wouldn't want to be able to fix anything, cut anything, or disarm a nuclear weapon with something that can fit EASILY in your pocket?
    My brother-in-law gave us Leatherman's for his wedding... and he is now a groomsman of mine... see how you can get pigeon holed? the problem is that all my groomsmen, save one, are married and I was in all their weddings, so I can't give what they gave... oy...
    What's your price range per guy?
    no more than $50... when you start talkin about 6 guys it gets pricey... and one of them is my Fiance's younger brother... he's like 17... so, he may get something different... not sure his folks would appreciate me getting him some 15 year old Glendfiddich and a flask
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I would go six individual gifts. Will go a long way. Money clips, cigar stuff, flasks, mugs etc but what you think that individual would like, not necessarily the same for all.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    rossdavey2:
    I had a hard time getting stuff for my guys too. In the end my dad brought over a nice bottle of single malt. I got each guy a nice hip flask, filled it up. a couple of cigars, even for the none smokers. a bottle of hot sauce from my wifes family BBQ place. Oh and a thong that had a mini kilt on the front.

a nice gift, hip flasks, with a little humor.
    The cigars and liquor are long gone, but the thong remains the same.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    robbyras:
    poach away... i figured we've all been in a few weddings in our time... I found this gift, it's a leather case and holds 2 tubes. 1 Tube is for a cigar and the other is a mini flask... also comes with a cutter and the leather can be personalized... pretty sweet but it's a little pricey...
    so, i found the same thing, sans cutter, for $38 here.
    This one holds two smokes and 1.5 oz, and has free engraving, and if you buy 5 or more is only $21 each
    By the way, thanks for the headsup, never even thought about something like that. Definitely picking one up now for weekends in the Grove at Ole Miss this fall.
    robbyras:
    no more than $50... when you start talkin about 6 guys it gets pricey... and one of them is my Fiance's younger brother... he's like 17... so, he may get something different... not sure his folks would appreciate me getting him some 15 year old Glendfiddich and a flask
    This is easy. Get the five older guys a gift certificate to Ccom. If they smoke cigars, then that's a lot of gars they can get. If they're noobs, then they have a nice chunk to put towards a new humi and some gars. If they never will smoke, than they can get cigars for you! Win, win. And get junior a Best Buy gift card. All he wants is video games, anyways. Done! See, now you don't even have to leave the home....
  • turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    I got an engraved zippo one time and an engraved flask another. Both were from Things Remembered.
  • rob, i think that your idea with the wallet and gift cards is nice. cause if you are not a smoker then , you can t really enjoy a humi or cigar case.......but a wallet and gift cards....very nice.. good luck brotha stav