Home Ratings & Reviews

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature

docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
ARTURO FUENTE HEMINGWAY SIGNATURE
6x47 Figurado

This famous line of cigars, named to honor one of the great man's men, and smokers, Ernest Hemingway, a writer anyone reading this review should be familiar with, offers a unique figurado shape, sort of a mix between a perfecto and a salomone. The wrapper is a yellowish brown Cameroon wrapper, the wrapper the Fuentes are so famous for using, covered in tooth, and slick with oil. The nipple shaped foot doesn't offer much in the way of aroma, but the wrapper gives off a warm spice and cedar combo that is very nice. Pre-light draw gives a sweet tobacco and smooth cedar flavor, with a little spice thrown in for good measure. Very nice.

Lit at 2:58pm.

Draw is unbearably firm at first, due to the almost closed foot. Only discernible flavors are a light cedar, and a little hay. Getting the burn line up over the foot shoulder is a little difficult, with the burn line going absolutely crazy. About and inch in, the burn line has straightened out, and the draw is nice and loose. Tooth from the wrapper is visible in the yellow/gray ash, which seems very tight. Flavors I can taste of cedar and leather mostly. The mouthfeel is super oily, coating the palette fully. There is also a slight sweetness, more a sweet wood than anything like cocoa, somewhere in the middle.

Getting into the second third, the flavors are still milder than I expected. They are noticeable, but nothing is really very deep or overwhelming. Mostly the only flavors present are still cedar and leather, with a little pepper and spice having come up on the finish, fortunately.

Well, ask and ye shall receive. No sooner do I get bored with a lack of boldness, do I get a big blast of pepper and cinnamon through the nose. Not pepper heat, but rather, flavor, as well a a strong cinnamon spice flavor that is absolutely delicious. If there is one thing I have noticed in the last couple Fuente sticks I've had, it is that they sometimes take a little while to really develop into anything, and when they do it is really great usually.

Just shy of the final third everything is getting really rich and creamy. There is a little vanilla, and a great sweetness, that tastes fantastic with the cedar and cinnamon flavors that still dominate through the nose. Despite a shaky start, I'm really loving this one now. I've had a fair number of cameroon wrapped cigars in the past, and they all share similar flavors with this one, except that this cigar in particular seems to have taken those flavors I usually associate with Cameroon, and ramp them up tenfold. Absolutely delicious.

Ended at 4:13pm, for a total burn time of one hour fifteen minutes. Good time, great cigar. Absolutely delicious.

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Excellent review Doc! Cant wait to try one!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Glad to see my investment in hemingways isn't wasted. I have a few, if you want them, sniper
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    i love hemingways. 2nd to don carlos only
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Thanks for the review.
    I am going to continue to look to pick up some of these.

has anyone tried the work of art from the hemingway line. large 60 ring
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    fuentejps:
    No, but I have heard nothing but amazing things about the WOAM.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    If you dig hemingway, try the maduro....holly hell theyre good....and hard to find!
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    The Sniper:
    Glad to see my investment in hemingways isn't wasted. I have a few, if you want them, sniper
    Thanks for sending me one! I can't wait to try it!!!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I got myself a box of these bad boys for an awesome price right before SCHIP took effect.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Thanks for sending me one! I can't wait to try it!!!
    You're welcome, Ren. Hope you enjoy it!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    fuentejps:
    I actually have a few Work of Art Maduros in the humidor and they are fantastic! I love the Cameroon wrapper version, but the maduro blew me away!
    PuroFreak:
    fuentejps:
    I actually have a few Work of Art Maduros in the humidor and they are fantastic! I love the Cameroon wrapper version, but the maduro blew me away!
    awesome i need to try them, only hem i have never had
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I am a huge douche for not smoking any of the Hemingway line. it's been on the list of cigars to try for a long time. Same with the Don Carlos line.