Home General Discussion

everyday smoke

I'm relatively new to this whole cigar experience, and i was wondering what are some good everyday smokes? Right now I smoke about one or two cigars a week. I would like to smoke more often, but i don't want to break the bank. I prefer medium to full flavor, but I'll try any types. Thanks

Comments

• CrimthannCrimthann Posts: 37
    speedie789:
    I'm relatively new to this whole cigar experience, and i was wondering what are some good everyday smokes? Right now I smoke about one or two cigars a week. I would like to smoke more often, but i don't want to break the bank. I prefer medium to full flavor, but I'll try any types. Thanks

My everyday cigars are -

La Gloria Cubana Series R No. 4 - $6
    Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Epicure - $5
    Oliva Serie V - $6-10 (harder to find though)
    Ashton VSG Belicoso No. 1 - $8 (just because these are constantly available at my B&M)
    5 Vegas Miami Robusto ($6-$8)

Thats all i could think of off hand. I like to constantly try new smokes every time I buy them. The 5 above seem to be the easiest for me to find in Ft Lauderdale & are all under 10 bucks.

Hope this helps!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my "everyday" cigars are 5 vegas series A (up to $5.50 )
    Cusano P1 maduro (up to $3.50)
    punch gran puro (up to almost $6)
    sancho panza maduro or the extra fuerte ( up to $6)

I find that the Cusano P1 is one of the best deals on the market. They age well too. I reccomend the robusto. its my favorite size in that line.

The sancho panza top out at about six bucks but the sizes that i like are about 4.50 or so. ... same with the punch.

the 5 Vegas is the star of this group. even with pice NOT being a factor they are one of my favorite cigars on the market right now. I think they are better than many cigars at two to three times the price.

if you like something more mild ill reccomend the "free cuba" brand. i dont htink cigar.com has them listed in their big list, but if im not mistaken(and i may be mistaken), they may be able to hook you up anyway. give cigar.com a call and ask. ... couldnt hurt to try.
    I have seen them as low as a buck a stick(no promises though). they dont always burn even but they are mild and have a good taste. im not gunna complain at that price.... oh and they ARE long filler handmades.
  • matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54

Well I seem to be in the same boat as speedie. I am really new to this hobby and picked a fine time to do so being in Iraq. I have only tried 2 cigars so far, CAO Flavours Gold Honey Corona and Karmasutrasplash. While not real cigars I enjoyed the cameroon wrapper on the latter more than the natural on the honey corona, although it had a sweet tip on it. I have about 30 sticks coming my way and most are different and I will post the ones I like later. In the meantime I feel I could use the Karmasutrasplash as a daily smoke and they are about 4.50 a stick. Nicky Newguy Out for now.

-Matt

• ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I'm constantly trying new cigars so I don't smoke these everyday, but when I want to go "home", here is what I go back to

Padron 3000 (about 5 bucks) or the 6000 (about 7 bucks) with the Maduro wrapper.
    La Flor Dominicana Chisilito, Sumantran wrapper about 6 bucks.
    Perdomo Habano, Corojo wrapper, Robusto, about 5 bucks.
    Rocky Patel Edge, either Maduro or Corojo depending on my mood, about 5 bucks.
    Camacho Havana Monarca at about 4 bucks.

I'm sure I'm missing a couple but hope this helps.
  • jpen74jpen74 Posts: 5

I like the Dominican Primeros, and also the CostaRican Primeros for every day smokes. And at $50.00 for 50 you can't go wrong.  Also, all of the cigar.com house blends I have tried aren't bad either and they are pretty cheap.  49.00 for a box of 25.  If your looking for a good name brand cigar the Punch Rothschild is a nice cigar, about a 30-45 minute smoke, and you can get 50 for about 130.00

Cheers.

Joe

• jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    Oliva Series G is a fantastic smoke for the price....$3.70 for a Churchill.

OLIVA SERIES G
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    if you are really on a budget, you cant go wrong with the primeros, or cigar.com labels.
  • I'm a little new to the cigar world (and this site), and I've been considering grabbing a box of the cigar.com brand to enjoy as an everyday smoke for my wife and I. According to the site they are top sellers, and the majority of reviews are positive. I'm curious to know if the community here holds any opinion on them, seeing as they aren't mentioned much in this thread so far.

Thanks!

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    SeanDamnit:

I'm a little new to the cigar world (and this site), and I've been considering grabbing a box of the cigar.com brand to enjoy as an everyday smoke for my wife and I. According to the site they are top sellers, and the majority of reviews are positive. I'm curious to know if the community here holds any opinion on them, seeing as they are mentioned much in this thread so far.

Thanks!

I would recommend picking up a cigar.com label sampler so that you can sample them all before you buy anything and figure out which blend you like.

Aside from that, I've only tried the purple label, and though it was a decent smoke that drew well, was well constructed and tasted pretty good, in the end it was a little too light for me. I would not hesitate, however, to recommend the purple label to a fan of more mild smokes.

Joe
  • LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    I'm a new fan of the cigar.com brazilian. It's a great smoke for the price and rivals some of the higher priced sticks I've smoked. Very well constructed, smooth smoke. I'm not a big fan of all the cigar.com labels but this one is a winner!
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I'm glad you said that Larry. I have heard mixed reviews about the CCOM labels but based on reviews for the Brazilian label, I went ahead and ordered a box untested. Hopefully they show up in todays mail. It's been 2 weeks since I ordered and they weren't in the last delivery 4 days ago, so hopefully tonight. I just can't wait to try them. I got them in anticipation of making them my everyday smoke.

How's that for faith in reviews?
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    I would personally vouch for the Brazilian label, I'm out and need to order another box...
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Well, finally got my box of goodies today. So it will be a brazilian label for me later. I'll let you know how it goes.

The others, I want to let sit for a while.
  • LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    Can't wait to hear what you think of the Brazilian and thanks for your service! What you do isn't always appreciated as it should be, and often when don't focus on your sacrifices as we should. Thanks again!
  • I was fond of the cigar.com labels. While they burned hot and fast they were good tobacco
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Wafflebob:
    I was fond of the cigar.com labels. While they burned hot and fast they were good tobacco
    i didnt so much think that they burned hot but they did burn fast. ...mostly because they are mixed filler.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    My great everyday smokes at a great price:

Oliva Serie G Maduro
    CCOM Brazilian(I'm on the brazilian bandwagon!)
    Sol Cubano...anything, especially the Sumatra
    La Gloria Cubana(Thanks to Brandon!)
    Cusano Double Connecticut
    and finally REO by rocky patel(seems like ou either love these or hat them)

All good flavorful smokes that wont break the bank. I also hit up my friends humi for his everday smoke that he swears by, Rocky Vintage 92 Segundos.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    You might also want to try your local smoke shop "store brand". Usually those are cigars from the big boys that didn't make the cut, usually called 2nds. These cigars are usually alot cheaper and have a great taste if you don't mind the little imperfection every once in awhile.

"Long ashes my friends."

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I think I'd have to go with the 5 Vegas Classic. That one's really grown on me, and it's cheap, cheaper, cheapest.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I think I'd have to go with the 5 Vegas Classic. That one's really grown on me, and it's cheap, cheaper, cheapest.
    ..As we all know by now, you can never go wrong with the 5 Vegas Classic, truely one of my favorites..By a box and pass them to cigar newbies, they will enjoy them and for less than 3 bucks ;}
  • All of the cigars I'm listing are priced at what I've seen at my B&M and online
    I'm a fan of the Legend Ario by Comacho ($5.50)
    Edge by Rocky Patel ($5.00)
    Flor De Oliva ($1.80)
    Cuesta Rey Maduro Robusto ($5.25)
    Comacho Coyolar Puro ($7.00)
    Padron 3000 ($6.00)