Home Ratings & Reviews

La Estrella Cubana

...as supplied in last month's COTM sampler is probably the most badly constructed cigar I have ever tried to smoke.

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Did yours blow up on you too?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have smoked several of them without any issue. I also thought for the price they were tasty. I did not get them through COTM.
    I should say that before it blew up the flavors I got were pretty good. I think mine just got bounced around in transit and the wrapper popped off soon after lighting it. I think, at least.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Russ55:
    I should say that before it blew up the flavors I got were pretty good. I think mine just got bounced around in transit and the wrapper popped off soon after lighting it. I think, at least.

How much humi time you have on it? I ask 'cause I just ordered a few to try myself. I heard the flavor was very good for the price, so I wanted to give them a shot.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I got a few on recommendation from Mr. Svenson and they were exactly as described. A decent full-bodied everyday smoke....... No "wow" factor, but satisfying none-the-less. I'll buy more.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    ljl:
    Russ55:

How much humi time you have on it? I ask 'cause I just ordered a few to try myself. I heard the flavor was very good for the price, so I wanted to give them a shot.
    About a month. I usually start smoking the previous months selection right around the time I get the new one in the mail. I've got the second one that I'm going let sit for a few months before smoking just in case it was a rest issue.
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Posts: 406
    I bought two 5er's (torpedo & robusto)....the first one i smoked had about 2 weeks of rest time, it was pretty good for the price i paid. The second one was so tight...it was like sucking a golf ball thru a garden hose. But overall i'll smoke em while im doing my yard work or when im playing a round at my local muni. Im just gonna let em rest for abit before i try another one.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    AQUADGIO1200:
    I bought two 5er's (torpedo & robusto)....the first one i smoked had about 2 weeks of rest time, it was pretty good for the price i paid. The second one was so tight...it was like sucking a golf ball thru a garden hose. But overall i'll smoke em while im doing my yard work or when im playing a round at my local muni. Im just gonna let em rest for abit before i try another one.
    I smoked one ROTT and it was pretty good. I'm letting the others rest for a few months and I'll revisit.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased a bundle maybe 4 months ago. I smoke one every 3 to 4 weeks. I have never had an issue with burn or draw on a single one of them. I love the flavor on these and would recommend them to anyone who wants an inexpensive every day smoke.