Home General Discussion

Short smokes

What's better?
Oliva Special G?
Or Hemingway Short Story?

Comments

• TheDrifterTheDrifter Posts: 83
    Having just had a Hemingway Signature and not being a fan of any of the Oliva blends (blasphemer!!) I'd go Hemingway for sure. Even the signature was a 90 minute smoke though.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    the G is awesome! one of my favorites...in fact, just got one the other day to smoke tonight
  • chrisd56chrisd56 Posts: 77
    LOVE the short story!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Just had the Best Seller over the weekend, and I loved it!
  • JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Just went out and got one of each over my lunch break. Time to do a side-by-side comparison.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I love them both. Almost equally....gotta go with the Hemi tho.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The Hemingway is a no brainer. It's expensive though. The G I need to revisit sometime. So far I've not liked anything Oliva except the V.
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Posts: 406
    Short story all the way....Special G is you are short on cash.
    Wow. Kind of surprised no one has taken the G. Seems like there are usually some pretty hardcore Oliva advocates around here.
  • codscods Posts: 4
    I like the G,s
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE the G... especially the maduro. however, i feel the Hemmingway is just a better cigar. its hard to compete with the short story. that vitola is one of the best things Fuente has ever done.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I tried both this past weekend and enjoyed both but I have to favor the short story
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Ive only had the special G, and wasnt impressed at all.

I smoked the G last night and wasn't all that impressed. I didn't think the flavor was very complex at all. Might do the Hemingway tonight or I might let it sit for a few more days. I'm working on some humi issues right now.