Home Non Cigar Related

Starcraft II

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
Anyone here Starcraft fans? Game came out today and I will be getting it real soon. Would love to play with some of the members here.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm a Starcraft fan! I'd like to get it, but I'm broke :( That and there's 5 boxes I really wanna get lol. I was more of a Protoss and Terran player. Didn't like Zerg. Everyone and their mother wanted to zerg rush.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Protoss carriers rule.
    cabinetmaker:
    Protoss carriers rule.
    You must construct additional pylons!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    The Korean national sport! I used to love playing StarCraft back in the day. I'm considering getting SC II, and if I do, I'll let you know so we can play a few games.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    If you could hold up long enough to max out on wraiths that was the best. Until brood wars that is.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Oh boy - I'm so excited for this game! I hope it runs on my **** laptop...
  • GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    Huge gaming nerd but not a Starcraft player. It looks nice for an RTS but I've never found them exciting.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Gentleman:
    Huge gaming nerd but not a Starcraft player. It looks nice for an RTS but I've never found them exciting.
    Same. Blizzard doesn't make any games that interest me, but this one will sell well, and make them even more rich.
    Russ55:
    Gentleman:
    Same. Blizzard doesn't make any games that interest me, but this one will sell well, and make them even more rich.
    Not even Diablo? I used to be crazy for that one...
    Renaissance_Man:
    Russ55:
    Gentleman:
    Still can't wait for Diablo 3. I used to play Necromancer or Paladin. Now, the necro's gone, but there's the witch doctor.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Good to see some SC fans. I'm not that good, but I used to play with my friends until 4 in the morning when I was in high school.

I've seen some of the gameplay trailers for Diablo 3 and it looks pretty awesome. I've never played Diablo 3 but those trailers make me want to get my hands on a demo as soon as one is available.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Big fan of the original and already nerd-stalked SCII's site for trailers and such. I need to wait a few months to play through my current games before I have the budget on another. However, SCII is a big contender.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Russ55:
    Gentleman:
    No, not even Diablo. While I think that's one of their stronger titles it's just not my thing. I tend to like more complex, hardcore games.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    My Life for Aiur! got the game yesterday actually, so far it's bad ass...played the beta for a few months, and def can tell some differences so far...like for one, it doesn't seem to make my cpu temp go above 200+ degrees!

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    My Life for Aiur! got the game yesterday actually, so far it's bad ass...played the beta for a few months, and def can tell some differences so far...like for one, it doesn't seem to make my cpu temp go above 200+ degrees!
    What's your bnet handle? I'm going to get it soon. Let's play a few rounds.
    wwhwang:
    I'm a Starcraft fan! I'd like to get it, but I'm broke :( That and there's 5 boxes I really wanna get lol. I was more of a Protoss and Terran player. Didn't like Zerg. Everyone and their mother wanted to zerg rush.
    I started off as a Terran player but gradually moved on to Protoss. Never really enjoyed playing Zerg. I've always enjoyed 'toss tech more than sheer numbers.
    sightunseen:
    Krieg:
    What's your bnet handle? I'm going to get it soon. Let's play a few rounds.
    my handle??? why...its none other than....KRIEG! lol...i know, I'm quite original

"Long ashes my friends."

sightunseen:
    wwhwang:
    I started off as a Terran player but gradually moved on to Protoss. Never really enjoyed playing Zerg. I've always enjoyed 'toss tech more than sheer numbers.
    I was purely one of the dreaded Zerg players. I mastered that race perfectly, now i don't know ***

"Long ashes my friends."

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Renaissance_Man:
    Russ55:
    Gentleman:
    I lost entire MONTHS of my life to the Diablo series... :-D
  • GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    The Sniper:
    Renaissance_Man:
    Russ55:
    Gentleman:
    I played Diablo once at my cousin's and thought it was pretty fun but this was recently and there isn't as many people playing it these days. Above all I'm waiting for the new Star Wars MMO
    The Sniper:
    Renaissance_Man:
    Russ55:
    Gentleman:
    Hahaah - same here! I am ready for number 3 though! I've never done BNET - is it free guys? I might get the game and do some multiplayer stuff but you'll prolly kick my ***...
    Renaissance_Man:
    The Sniper:
    Renaissance_Man:
    Russ55:
    Gentleman:
    Hahaah - same here! I am ready for number 3 though! I've never done BNET - is it free guys? I might get the game and do some multiplayer stuff but you'll prolly kick my ***...
    Battlenet was free last I've used it. So...yeah. Let's get some multiplayer set up when we get the games.
    sc almost caused me not to graduate high school, lol

"Long ashes my friends."

The Sniper:
    Renaissance_Man:
    Russ55:
    Gentleman:
    and girlfriends too, im sure! lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Renaissance_Man:
    Russ55:
    Gentleman:
    Still have my diablo II CD, I tried SC once cause all my friends were playing it, and nobody gave me a tutorial, so i decided to make like 3000 tanks cause i didnt know how to make anything else and got attacked by some air support ships and was wondering why cant i shoot them down.I though that my futurustic tanks will have some rockets but i was wrong!I lasted like hour and half building tanks, and like 5 min fighting! Thats the last time i played it!
    What is everyone's bnet handle??

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    What is everyone's bnet handle??
    Mine -was- RagingAsian, but I haven't logged on in years. I'm guessing that account's been wiped by Blizzard.
    Installing now!
    5,000 Vespene Gas--realmendrilldeep
    disable victory condition-- tyuhasleftthegame
    Disables Ability Cooldown-- HanShotFirst
    Disables tech requirements-- SoSayWeAll
    Gives 5,000,000 credits-- whysoserious
    granted resources-- jaynestown
    Invincibility and increased damage-- terribleterribledamage
    Opens cutscene menu-- eyeofsauron
    Plays the song "Terran up the Night"-- OverEngineeredCodPiece
    Units/Structures no longer cost resources-- moredotsmoredots
    Upgrades Weapons, Armor (and Shields) by 1-- IAmIronman
    you know you'll look em up so here I just saved you some time lol
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I couldnt stand diablo, but star craft was tons of fun, my freinds and I played it at least 8 hours a day at my buddies house every day of the summer it was out. ive heard star craft is the same game play as the origional, just much better graphics and eye candy.