Home General Discussion

What and Why

Hello all,

My local B&M is having a party with some vendors present. Below you will find vendor and date. With the purchase of 1 box 5% off plus Lighter($70 value?), with 2 boxes 10% off plus  Lighter ($70 value?) and travel humi. Which date would you go to and what would you purchase? Also I would like to start participating with trades and giveaways what should I stock up on?
Sat, Sept 20th
Perdomo

Sat, Oct 4 MACANUDO 1968
Sat, Oct 18th
Joya de Nic

Sat, Oct 25th
OLIVA

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    where are you? i live in ohio and there is a B&M thats having the smae two events (macanudo and oliva) though i cannot recall the date. those sound familiar but im just not sure.

BTW i was thinkin of going to the Oliva one because Macanudo has nothing to offer me. the entire brand is too mild bodied for me.
  • In the Chicago area
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    the only macanudo i like is the hyde park i would stick with the oliva because it has a better selection of better cigars to choose from at least for me. ive found that macanudo from what i understand seemed to have a full bodied taste in most of there cigars and it wasnt that great. im jelous though im sure we get things like that out here in LA i just never know where they are or when they are and how to find out
  • It's really just dumb luck on my part. I have been checking out my local B&M's and found this place. They have over 3000 open boxes of cigars and pretty decent prices. For example I recently purchased a La Flor Dominicana Corona Gorda for 8.99 not the best deal but I didn't get ripped off either.

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Definitely Oliva! Macanudo has very few cigars that are worth the effort. Somebody once told me that Macanudo is to cigars like McDonalds is to hamburgers. I think that it is a very fitting analogy.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

I would go to the Olivia event, and I would purchase two boxes the mb3 robusto and the special s prolly the robusto size also but the toro isn't bad.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Definitely Oliva! Macanudo has very few cigars that are worth the effort. Somebody once told me that Macanudo is to cigars like McDonalds is to hamburgers. I think that it is a very fitting analogy.
    i choose to look at it in terms of beer. Macanudos are the But light of beer. THey are nothing amazing. they appeal to the masses (theres a reason why EVERYONE has heard of macanudo). they are light in body and flavor, making them very good beginner cigars. this is how they are popular. chances are the first beer you ever had was a bud or bud light. its there to appeal to the masses.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If I had to choose one event to go to, I'd go with Oliva simply because I love their cigars. But why not go to both and see what there is to see? As long as you're not bound to buying in box quantities, the Macanudo event might not be too bad to check out. I've never had a Mac, so I cannot speak to whether they are good, bad or otherwise...I'd actually like to try one or two just to see what they're all about.
  • kuzi16:
    rdnstn:
    i choose to look at it in terms of beer. Macanudos are the But light of beer. THey are nothing amazing. they appeal to the masses (theres a reason why EVERYONE has heard of macanudo). they are light in body and flavor, making them very good beginner cigars. this is how they are popular. chances are the first beer you ever had was a bud or bud light. its there to appeal to the masses.

You've never suffered from a Mac Attack?

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Here in WI we are having some of the same events... usually these guys are good for a free cigar...

Our Macanudo Event is with the release of the "STRONG" Macanudo... So I'll show up for that just to see what all the Hub-ub is all about

I believe it's the Macanudo 1968
    macanudo is kind of expensive so i would have to save up for that haha but i like perdomos stuff they have some great cigars and great philosophies they are always trying out and perfecting the next wave in the cigar industry i.e. there perdomo lot 23. however if you have the money i would say the macanudo would be the best or just go to all three :)
    BigDan.:
    macanudo is kind of expensive :)
    That's funny...

Actually wait... as in VALUE (i.e. Benefits exceed Cost) then YES Macanudo are expensive... I've had a shorty of them and it reminded me of dutch masters... So yeah... Okay, I finished it, but I didn't get not even half a chub off of it
    haha ya as in money value idk ive nvr had one i really want to try a hyde park. im going to the davidoff store on rodeo this weekend im going with a friend of the family and he is treating me so we r gna go sit in the lounge there and ill pick out a cigar and enjoy one of lifes greatest pleasures
    BigDan.:
    haha ya as in money value idk ive nvr had one i really want to try a hyde park. im going to the davidoff store on rodeo this weekend im going with a friend of the family and he is treating me so we r gna go sit in the lounge there and ill pick out a cigar and enjoy one of lifes greatest pleasures
    It always tastes better when someone else pays!
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    One of the local B&Ms is having an Ashton tasting next week that I'm definitely going to. The other local B&M is doing the new Macanudo on Oct 4th. They are giving out keys between now and then, one of which unlocks a custom humidor full of the new blend. If I'm in the area and bored I'll check out the Mac event, but wouldn't really go out of my way for it.

If there was an Oliva event though, I would certainly be there. They make some great stuff, including one of my favorite blends.
    Scrambler:
    One of the local B&Ms is having an Ashton tasting next week that I'm definitely going to. The other local B&M is doing the new Macanudo on Oct 4th. They are giving out keys between now and then, one of which unlocks a custom humidor full of the new blend. If I'm in the area and bored I'll check out the Mac event, but wouldn't really go out of my way for it.

If there was an Oliva event though, I would certainly be there. They make some great stuff, including one of my favorite blends.
    I would really like to go to an Ashton event.

Can you imagine winning the humidor full of Macanudo???

Local B&M: YOU WIN!!!!

"Hey! What are you doing? Why are you dumping that on the ground!?..."