Home Ratings & Reviews

Calibre 58 Robusto

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
Wrapper Binder Filler got some samples in from The Miami Cigar Company. The size (4x58) is definitely Nub-like and I was very excited to give it a whirl. It had flavors of wood with a bit of vanilla mixed in and it turned leathery towards the end. The one thing I found surprising was the lack of spice in this stick. Not a bad thing, just unexpected. Full review is at wbfiller.com. Reviews from the other guys at wbfiller are underway.

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I will try to smoke a Robusto tonight and see what happens... I have a feeling I will have the same result as you. See, the cigars Miami Cigar sent us (107 and 58) both came in non-humidified, loosely packed containers. I have a feeling the cigars were just quite a bit under shock. Maybe we should have given all of them more than a month of rest... We'll see now though - the 58 should have had enough time.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I will get to mine soon as well Stan
  • I have had a couple of these, and enjoyed them very much. They are a bit mild for my taste, but very solid smokes.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I had one last night and will do the review tomorrow prolly... I had almost the same experience as you, Tony. I'm not a happy camper... I really wonder if it the humidity of the sticks we got from Miami Cigars was just wayyy off...
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    I had one last night and will do the review tomorrow prolly... I had almost the same experience as you, Tony. I'm not a happy camper... I really wonder if it the humidity of the sticks we got from Miami Cigars was just wayyy off...
    I really think a few hours in the drybox would have helped tremendously. I'll do it next time I have a chance to smoke one. Other than that, it's not a bad smoke.