Home Cigar 101

Cheap Beads

Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
Could someone pm a place that sells good, but cheap beads? Heartfelt is just too expensive. I figure I will try them out in this new cooler and see what they're all about.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ... I would not say they are too expensive when you think of how well they can protect your investment. Mine have served me for many years. If you want to shop them.. I found some deals at Amazon by searching ...cigar humidity beads amazon... 15.00 for a half pound.
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    I got these a month ago. They have been rock steady. Just search for Conservagel beads
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    MESKC:
    I got these a month ago. They have been rock steady. Just search for Conservagel beads
    ..now that's a deal.. I may need to pick up this one. Good find MESKC.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    MESKC:
    Awesome, thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Yes they are great beads half the price and come with mesh bags for them. We have been talking about them for months guy's...sheesh :(
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yeah, I vaguely remember the conversations, but never payed much attention because I've always used Boveda packs. Now of course that I want them, I couldn't remember what the hell to call them other than "cheap beads". Smile [:)]
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I'll second (or third?) the conservagel beads. They are awesome. And half the price, and come with a nice little bag. :)
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    TatuajeVI:
    I'll second (or third?) the conservagel beads. They are awesome. And half the price, and come with a nice little bag. :)
    Me too. I got a pound for my mini fridge humidor and I havent had any issues with them at all.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MESKC:
    +1. I've had mine for almost a year and they work great and the mesh bags are free!
    Make sure you get the two half pound bags. That way you get two mesh bags and spread them around a bit.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Russ, mine are always at 65%. Highly recommended. The bags are cool too.
  • Silica Gel Kitty Litter. Lifetime supply for about $10. They've served my humidors well for about a year and a half.
  • interpiminterpim Posts: 146
    I just got half a pound on ebay for $5
  • CanadianCanadian Posts: 54
    Sorry interpim, I see I just posted what you posted, my apologies.
  • interpiminterpim Posts: 146
    no problem Canadian... That is the guy I ordered from, and the beads arrived today. I've had them charged in my humidor for the past 10 hours, and they seem to be working fine so far.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    YankeeMan:
    MESKC:
    +1. I've had mine for almost a year and they work great and the mesh bags are free!

+2 Mine have worked great.

Once you get over the silica dust at the bottom of your humi you be fine. Just dont put naked cigars under the bags of beads.

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Fourtotheflush:
    YankeeMan:
    MESKC:

Once you get over the silica dust at the bottom of your humi you be fine. Just dont put naked cigars under the bags of beads.

Or any cigars for that matter.

Fourtotheflush:
    YankeeMan:
    MESKC:

I did not like the dust a well. What I did was go to he hobby store and got 4 plastic boxes with lids they measured 3 1/4 X 1 3/4 X1 3/4 I drilled as may holes as I could in the lids. All 4 cost like $2.00 total. Now no dust and no extra moisture soaking in the wood. When the humidity starts to go down I just spray a little water in the boxes and I am done.