Home Ratings & Reviews

Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro

docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
Grabbed ten of these last week on a daily deal, for a great price. Smoked the first one tonight. I really enjoyed it. I have a few comments, and even fewer complaints. This is the first time I will have really taken the time to try to put words to the flavors and what not that a cigar offered, so if my observations seem a little off, gimme a break.

I loved the bold flavors. It doesn't really have too many, but those that are present are very powerful (in a totally delicious way). Early on it punches the back of your tongue/throat with a lot of peppery heat, but mellows out by the halfway point. I don't know if it was the strength of the stick or the flavor itself, but in the last two inches or so my entire mouth, including my lips, was just washed with a tingling sensation, as a little bit of that heat came back. These are also friggin' beautiful cigars. The wrapper is a really rich deep chocolate brown, with a great oily sheen.

My only real complaint comes from some burn issues. I had trouble keeping the wrapper burning evenly, and in proper time with the insides. I had to do some touching up, every 10 draws or so, as one point in the wrapper would just NOT burn. I think these constant touch-ups may have resulted in it burning a little hot, but it wasn't anything that took away from the overall experience.

I am very pleased with these sticks, especially having paid like 2$ each for them. Definitely flavorful, and fairly full bodied smokes.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've only smoked one Super Fuerte, it was a couple years ago and if memory serves was the maduro corona. One of the things that sticks clearly is that I too had burn issues. You may feel differently, but to me if a cigar is really good I can overlook a few burn problems, know what I mean?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Someone sent me one of these in a trade recently. I'm looking forward to getting to it soon. Thanks for the review.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    j0z3r:
    I've only smoked one Super Fuerte, it was a couple years ago and if memory serves was the maduro corona. One of the things that sticks clearly is that I too had burn issues. You may feel differently, but to me if a cigar is really good I can overlook a few burn problems, know what I mean?
    Oh definitely. Like I said, it was a little annoying, but nothing serious enough to take away from a great smoking experience.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    Oh definitely. Like I said, it was a little annoying, but nothing serious enough to take away from a great smoking experience.
    Now if the cigar is borderline crappy to begin with and has burn issues, then I say "f*ck this thing", and go get a good cigar. Life's too short for bad cigars.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I've smoked quite a few of these over the past few years. in my experience, some have draw issues some don't (probably why you can always find them around 2$). You're right - the flavor is very good for this price. These age pretty well too, had some since '08 and they seem to be less harsh - still keeping flavor though!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of these ever since Jdorais sent me one with a mystery stick game. It was unlabeled, so I smoked it blind. I really enjoyed it and it has become a staple in my humi ever since. I think I guessed that it was an El Legendario by Camacho. So, it's definitely a strong full-bodied smoke.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I smoke the IT SF Maduro regularly and there are a few things you need to know about these. First, the Belicoso is by far the best shape for draw and flavor. These sticks have an oily wrapper and fair very well when dry boxed a couple of days. Dry boxing also seems to improve the draw issues with the Toro. When aged a little and dried some, these can be fantastic sticks for cheap.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I smoke the IT SF Maduro regularly and there are a few things you need to know about these. First, the Belicoso is by far the best shape for draw and flavor. These sticks have an oily wrapper and fair very well when dry boxed a couple of days. Dry boxing also seems to improve the draw issues with the Toro. When aged a little and dried some, these can be fantastic sticks for cheap.
    Agreed. I smoked my first one that I got from a trade and I got burn issues in the second half of the stick. I should have seen the red flag when I squeezed the cigar and it felt extremely squishy. Dryboxing will definitely help with the burn. Despite the burn issues, I thought everything else about the stick was great, so I have also ordered 10 sticks from last week's DD.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    ljl:
    I've smoked quite a few of these over the past few years. in my experience, some have draw issues some don't (probably why you can always find them around 2$). You're right - the flavor is very good for this price. These age pretty well too, had some since '08 and they seem to be less harsh - still keeping flavor though!
    Well. well. well. It seems that I too have one of your '08 's of this stick.

I know what I'm firing up today. Thanks ljl. These are very tasty sticks indeed.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I like them but they are a little too oily for me. I need to drybox and retry. I want to try the Super Fuerte Natural and see how that compares. Same filler, no oily wrapper. I don't like the oily palate thing. On the flipside, my Father in Law loves these sticks and loves that oily taste. This is one of his go-to sticks
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I have one of the natural that I'm waiting to try.
    These smokes don't feel all that full to me though... I can smoke it right when I wake up with no problems.

• txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    fla-gypsy:
    +1, that is exactly what I was going to say. I have some that I come back to on a regular occasion. But for sure dry box it. I tend to throw them in my leather carrier for a few hours...it really makes them a nice stick.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    txjayhawk:
    fla-gypsy:
    +1, that is exactly what I was going to say. I have some that I come back to on a regular occasion. But for sure dry box it. I tend to throw them in my leather carrier for a few hours...it really makes them a nice stick.

Just another example of why this place is awesome. Guess what I'm gonna try^!
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    This is one cigar I have had my eye on for a long time but never managed to pick up. I simply have no room and really have to be careful with my budget. I just pulled out a butt load for timing belt parts for my truck....so trying to limit what cigars I buy is hard.

However, this cigar does sound like one that would be right up my alley. I am a big maduro fan, especially when they are very dark and oily. The Ccom brazilian label is one of my favorites for that reason. Not complex.....but I know exactly what to expect and I get it!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    stephen_hannibal:
    I have one of the natural that I'm waiting to try.
    These smokes don't feel all that full to me though... I can smoke it right when I wake up with no problems.

I'm smoking one of the naturals right now. It's actually quite a nice cigar. Mild, but with a surprising variety of flavors. Nice construction, too. I recommend giving them a try.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I really enjoyed this today...nothing to great or bad....first third was a tad of spice but just a tad, then it had a excellent draw...plenty of smoke....second third was rich, and I could taste the maduro wrap perfectly...and third 3rd was super powerful but tasty, rich, and delicious,...i would buy another one, butnot on my top 5 list....but tasty nonetheless!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Gotta chime in here. Vinnnie actually turned me onto these, and now they are a staple, I always keep a box on hand.
    More believers in the IT SF Maduro. I always keep some of these in my box just for work and knocking around the garage/yard.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've got two I received in a trade. I was thinking about trying one out this weekend, and am trying to decide if I should drybox it, or just leave it out, and for how long.
    Russ55:
    I've got two I received in a trade. I was thinking about trying one out this weekend, and am trying to decide if I should drybox it, or just leave it out, and for how long.
    Which one do you have? I find the Toro's need that drying time but the Belicoso's not so much.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Russ55:
    Which one do you have? I find the Toro's need that drying time but the Belicoso's not so much.
    Oh, I don't even know. I'll have to look.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    just had another one of these the other night....gotta say this is def. on my top ten..even for a cheaper cigar i find it really good...smooth, tasty, slight hints of pepper here and there, just plain old good