Home Cigar 101

Need some help!

I got a 75 ct. humidor as a gift a while back and now I need a larger humidor haha. I just dont have the room in the 75 ct. one anymore. I am not a cigar expert by any means but if someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it (as to what humi to get). I need a new humi advice and humi care advice like do I use the beads or what. Thanks to anyone who helps me out.

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    How big are you looking to going? If you plan out how many sticks you will ever want then plan on that. Like maybe save up for a Cabinet or a larger Humidor just in case. Definitely use beads and get a digital hygrometer. Check out ConservaGel. Other than that Im sure other guys will chime in.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • I am looking for a rather large one, a cabinet or a little smaller. I am just having a problem finding a nice one.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Ill send you a PM of one that I want and havent bought yet.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • RippRipp Posts: 125
    I am going to have to get a big one as well once i win the lottery! haha
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Whatever one you pick, you can generally tell how many cigars it'll hold by cutting the stated amount in half (since the usual measurement is lancero sized cigars). If you want a more accurate picture, take the Length, width, and height (in inches), multiy them together, and divide by 9 - that should give you a relatively accurate picture of how much it'll hold
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭

I ran into the same problem, wife bought me a humidor as a gift and it filled up fast!  I ended up buying another 100 ct humi and that got filled within a month!  I just ordered an Aristocrat humidor thinking I will probably fill up another 100 ct humidor just as quickly as I did my other two.

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    If you think you may be getting a LOT of cigars and are not too into having another piece of furniture, you can always go the coolerdor route. I got a foot coleman cooler with a capacity of oh I would guess between 750 and 1000 (not that it ever gets full). I use two pounds of Conservagel beads.

Someone mentioned Humidor capacity and mentioned they use Lancero's when stating capacity. Actually they use Corona size sticks when stating capacity. The point he was making was Do NOT fill the humidor to capacity. At about 80% full you should have no problems. If you go with a coolerdor you also don't have to worry about temp. changes as much as the insulation from the cooler does keep the inside cooler then a Humidor does, based on my 4 desktop humi's compared to the coolerdor.