Home Cigar 101

Question about the Chisel

illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
Hey my fellow BsOTL, I am about to light up my first LFD DL Chisel and was wondering if there was a certain way to cut it or open up the head, I've heard you just pinch it, is this true?

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    illinoisgolf99:
    Hey my fellow BsOTL, I am about to light up my first LFD DL Chisel and was wondering if there was a certain way to cut it or open up the head, I've heard you just pinch it, is this true?
    yep. Just pinch in the sides, and it open nicely
    cholmes8310:
    illinoisgolf99:
    oh yeah, and I hope you ate a good meal first. Enjoy it!!! Great smokes.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    cholmes8310:
    illinoisgolf99:
    Yep. Pinch and it should open up perfectly. Test the draw before you light it. One of my favorite cigars and a very unique shape!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    since I have yet to come across theses... what do they look like? I'd imagine the name infers the shape but you never know nowadays :P
    Hayblet:
    since I have yet to come across theses... what do they look like? I'd imagine the name infers the shape but you never know nowadays :P
    look like a torpedo that someone stepped on the tip of. Looks like a chisel... best I can explain it.

best image I could find

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    That looks freaking awesome. I wish my local shop would carry these.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    My B&M carry's them, just had my first one tonight. Great stick!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    ive got one resting int he humidor for the right occasion. certainly after I grill my next Tbone.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    The maduros are really good. I cut mine, then pinch slightly, much better draw that way.