Home General Discussion

Ccom Catalog, and AJ Fernandez' new cigar - San Lotano

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Even though the interview is an old repeat, I'm interested in AJ making his own brand of cigar, San Lotano - anyone know anything about this one?

On a somewhat related note, I remember Alex saying the new MOW Virtue boxes were delayed until June - anyone know if he meant "delayed until the June catalog", or "delayed until the month of June"?

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I can't give any info on it, but I'm interested myself. If anyone has some dirt on these, please share.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This is all you need to know. If AJ makes it, it will be good.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yeah, San Lotano was the cigar that AJ's father (grandfather maybe?) used to roll in cuba. AJ has been messing around with blends, and apparently has one he's satisfied with. if it's made in honor of a familial patriarch, it's probably going to be fantastic.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I have no doubts whatsoever that this will be an amazing cigar. I'd just like to get some info on a release so I can horde them, lol.
    Lemme see what I can dig up.

Edit: It's going to have a Brazilian wrapper with a PA Broadleaf Maduro binder; not sure on other details.

betasynn:
    Lemme see what I can dig up.

Edit: It's going to have a Brazilian wrapper with a PA Broadleaf Maduro binder; not sure on other details.

What a combination, Sweet "butt kicking" Maduro. I am sure he will balance it out with some Central American filler.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    If AJ make it i'll definatley give it a whirl. I hop to see the day that someone combine PA broadleaf with some ass whoopin ligero the likes of cain or Antano...Diesel...though good, doesnt count :)
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    On the subject of virtue boxes, they are in production and should arrive in about 4 weeks time.

In terms of San Lotano, it is the first cigar that abdel is making which he is going to distribute nationally himself. Thus far, he has made cigars for various other brands. He has been wanting to do this for some time and at one point was going to use the Fernandez Signature, but instead opted for San Lotano which was a brand his grandfather used to make in San Luis Cuba and he owns the rights to. I saw the finished boxes, bands and blends last week in Nicaragua and they are very sharp. It will debut in 2 types, a full bodied Habano and a medium to full bodied maduro. The Habano uses a Habano Brazil wrapper grown by the Fuego family and a PA Broadleaf binder. The filler is a lot of ligero. The maduro is an entirely different blend and features a San Andres maduro wrapper. The Maduro reminds me a lot of a Padron 64 but with more flavor and a little more body. In my opinion, the real gem is the habano. That Brazilian wrapper is a real treat and he is one of two people in the industry to have access to this leaf. It is very spicy and very flavorful.

They are making a big push with this brand to be for brick and mortor stores. Even stores that have websites wont be able to put it online. that said, you wont see it in our catalog or on our site but I am sure Tim and the team will have some boxes of both wrappers for anyone that wants to try some. You will just have to call in.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Alex Svenson:
    On the subject of virtue boxes, they are in production and should arrive in about 4 weeks time.

In terms of San Lotano, it is the first cigar that abdel is making which he is going to distribute nationally himself. Thus far, he has made cigars for various other brands. He has been wanting to do this for some time and at one point was going to use the Fernandez Signature, but instead opted for San Lotano which was a brand his grandfather used to make in San Luis Cuba and he owns the rights to. I saw the finished boxes, bands and blends last week in Nicaragua and they are very sharp. It will debut in 2 types, a full bodied Habano and a medium to full bodied maduro. The Habano uses a Habano Brazil wrapper grown by the Fuego family and a PA Broadleaf binder. The filler is a lot of ligero. The maduro is an entirely different blend and features a San Andres maduro wrapper. The Maduro reminds me a lot of a Padron 64 but with more flavor and a little more body. In my opinion, the real gem is the habano. That Brazilian wrapper is a real treat and he is one of two people in the industry to have access to this leaf. It is very spicy and very flavorful.

They are making a big push with this brand to be for brick and mortor stores. Even stores that have websites wont be able to put it online. that said, you wont see it in our catalog or on our site but I am sure Tim and the team will have some boxes of both wrappers for anyone that wants to try some. You will just have to call in.
    That sounds sooooooooo good!!!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Alex Svenson:

Are these available yet? Krieg has me curious now. I forgot all about these.
    They are at the show going on right now apparently.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a bunch of these from AJ Fernandez himself. Doesn't get any better then that. So many new things to smoke I haven't had one yet. They do look amazing and I got the 3 blends. Let ou know when I try them out.
    I am sure AJ put a lot of thought into how it will be distributed and he has his reasons for not going on line with it but I will be the first to say I am very disappointed in that decision. I do not have ready access to a B&M and they were not the guys who have made AJ a legend. It was all of us on line buyers smoking all the different sticks he made and spread the word mouth to mouth through the cigar world. VERY DISSAPOINTED!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    fla-gypsy:
    I am sure AJ put a lot of thought into how it will be distributed and he has his reasons for not going on line with it but I will be the first to say I am very disappointed in that decision. I do not have ready access to a B&M and they were not the guys who have made AJ a legend. It was all of us on line buyers smoking all the different sticks he made and spread the word mouth to mouth through the cigar world. VERY DISSAPOINTED!
    This.

My local B&M sucks - they only stock their own house blends and a few Arturo Fuentes, so there's no way I'll ever be able to get my hands on this stick.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    fla-gypsy:
    This.

My local B&M sucks - they only stock their own house blends and a few Arturo Fuentes, so there's no way I'll ever be able to get my hands on this stick.
    +1. Why should the B&Ms have special consideration when they had nothing to do with AJ's rise to fame and they never stand against anti-cigar legislation?
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    xmacro:
    fla-gypsy:

This.

Like Alex said, they will be available. Just pay attention to the release and order them over the phone.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Bingo,
    Once released, call your rep and order away!