Home Ratings & Reviews

New Gurkha Cigars

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
At IPCPR I saw the new Gurkha Viper, Ninja, and Special Ops. Kaizad Hansotia personally gave me a cigar that he said won't be release until the end of the year. I have no idea what it is called but man it is beautiful. I did get samples of the Viper and Ninja which I will be writing reviews on shortly. Viper and Ninja both come in 5 sizes.

The Special Ops comes in a large hard case with 20 7 1/2 X 52 size Special Ops Cigars. It also comes with a hand crafted D-2 Steel knife that is way cool. Limited to 500 boxes and I GOT ONE!!!! As soon as it arrives I will post pics and maybe send 1 or 2 out to my Gurkha loving friends.

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    that's awesome that you snagged a box since I read all 500 sold out pretty much right away hopefully C.com will get some of the new line so I can snag a few I did read that Viper is Kaizad's first Box-pressed cigar sine the Regent so I can't wait to find any of those 3 more the less the end of the year release one.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    You are by far the most hated person on the forums right now lol. Willing to trade a few of those Gurkhas?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Hayblet:
    that's awesome that you snagged a box since I read all 500 sold out pretty much right away hopefully C.com will get some of the new line so I can snag a few I did read that Viper is Kaizad's first Box-pressed cigar sine the Regent so I can't wait to find any of those 3 more the less the end of the year release one.
    There have been some box pressed cigars since the regent. The Archive is box pressed. But I think that is the only one.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    rwheelwright:
    Hayblet:
    There have been some box pressed cigars since the regent. The Archive is box pressed. But I think that is the only one.
    Wasn't one of the Micro Batch box pressed? Actually, there were two box pressed from the Microbatch. TBP-1 and the VH-7.
    I was just quoting what I got in the Gurkha newsletter :P
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Gurkha press release was wrong. That is where the first box press since the Regent came from. Obviously we all know it isn't true. I may trade some Special Ops. My order got placed at IPCPR so I am one of the lucky first 500. Someone here is about to get to sample a Viper.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    The Gurkha press release was wrong. That is where the first box press since the Regent came from. Obviously we all know it isn't true. I may trade some Special Ops. My order got placed at IPCPR so I am one of the lucky first 500. Someone here is about to get to sample a Viper.
    very cool that you got these new cigars. However I wouldn't go into them expecting anything fantastic. If you do really enjoy any of them than fantastic but I have been finding that more often than not most new gurkha's are lacking... a lot. That's also the opinion of a lot of reviews I've read on newer cigars. But hell, hopefully one of them you got is a goody. I'm looking forward to seeing pics and reviews!
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    raises hand of a gurkha ****... :)
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    god i wish I was able to get out there to get some of those new fancy sticks! lol....I need to be a rep just to get to that event! lol....Let me know if i can convince you of trading anything out my friend....
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Even if the cigars suck, you still got a nice box and a knife..
    imageGurkha Cellar Reserve aged for 15 years. Can't wait to smoke this baby.
    Any chance of the rest of us that aren't reps to trade for the Gurkhas or San Lotano? Lol
    jsnake:
    imageGurkha Cellar Reserve aged for 15 years. Can't wait to smoke this baby.
    *drools*
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    god that looks freaking amazing!
    wwhwang:
    Any chance of the rest of us that aren't reps to trade for the Gurkhas or San Lotano? Lol
    Actually you are first on my list for San Lotano. I have a few extras. Why you? Because I just randomly picked someone already and it happened to be you. Just have to wait til next week to send it out. So PM your addy to me.

This Gurkha was not being given out at IPCPR. Kaizad Hansotia gave it to me from his stash and told me it was coming out late this year. IDK if he gave out many of them but I was so happy to get one. The pic doesn't do it justice though. It is a beautiful cigar. Well constructed. I will review it soon!
    jsnake:
    wwhwang:
    Actually you are first on my list for San Lotano. I have a few extras. Why you? Because I just randomly picked someone already and it happened to be you. Just have to wait til next week to send it out. So PM your addy to me.

This Gurkha was not being given out at IPCPR. Kaizad Hansotia gave it to me from his stash and told me it was coming out late this year. IDK if he gave out many of them but I was so happy to get one. The pic doesn't do it justice though. It is a beautiful cigar. Well constructed. I will review it soon!
    Sweet! Thank you so much, man. Looking forward to that review. Pm incoming.
    Any chance you would be willing to trade for the new Gurkha's you have Sir? Obviously not the single one that Mr. Hansotia personally gave you.
    Hayblet:
    Any chance you would be willing to trade for the new Gurkha's you have Sir? Obviously not the single one that Mr. Hansotia personally gave you.
    Do you have any rare hard to find Gurkha Cigars? Like a Triad? I only have 2 of each and since Gurkha is my thing I will only part with them for something I don't have already. Let me know.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    triad's aye? decent cigars but not worth the price. When would you be doing some reviews of these newer gurkhas? I'm intrigued.
  • I scored 50 of the Special Ops packages for my shop. You get 20 Special Ops cigars, a D-2 SOG knife, Gurkha Challenge Coin and it all comes in a 50-stick travel humidor.

If I could figure-out how to upload a photo, I would. They ship mid September.

The Challenge Coins will be available for separate purchase and as promotional items. There are 16 different coins in all. Again, if I could figure out how to upload a photo, I would.

The15-Yr that was given to select people at IPCPR is supposed to only be available in 15 Gurkha B&M retailers nationwide.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    looking at their website... any word on the Gurkha Havana Legend?
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Anyone tried the Avenger? I've got a few that have been sitting here for a while, but I haven't tried them yet.
    Reverend Mike:
    I scored 50 of the Special Ops packages for my shop. You get 20 Special Ops cigars, a D-2 SOG knife, Gurkha Challenge Coin and it all comes in a 50-stick travel humidor.

If I could figure-out how to upload a photo, I would. They ship mid September.

The Challenge Coins will be available for separate purchase and as promotional items. There are 16 different coins in all. Again, if I could figure out how to upload a photo, I would.

The15-Yr that was given to select people at IPCPR is supposed to only be available in 15 Gurkha B&M retailers nationwide.
    Kaizad gave me two different coins. Can't believe you got 50 of those packages. Dang!! I put stick and coin photos up in another thread somewhere here. IDK where though?

I will be reviewing these and plan on doing it soon.
  • i hope to have enuf money to buy a box n get the knife n coin....is the knife that curved one?
    It is a D2 knife and MSRP is between $200 and $250 depending on taxes. Might be higher based on demand. 500 made and 500 sold out at IPCPR.