Home Cigar 101

La Perla Habana black pearl

Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm thinking of ordering some of these just to try them out. Has anyone had these?

Comments

• Pacman84:
    I'm thinking of ordering some of these just to try them out. Has anyone had these?
    Had one a couple of years ago and remember enjoying them a lot, my palate has changed a lot since then but one of the comparisons I remember making was to the Partagas Black Label
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I think the blend has changed since two years ago. I may be wrong but Tim sold me two saying they are delicious. Send him an email and ask him.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ok. I actually had the Partagas black label last night and enjoyed it.
  • JSaint:
    I think the blend has changed since two years ago. I may be wrong but Tim sold me two saying they are delicious. Send him an email and ask him.
    If this is the case I definitely had one of the older blends, for what it's worth.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some of the Black Pearl in a sampler recently and I really liked it. I think it's going to be a good seller once people try them.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remeber having a Black Pearl Morado Robusto a while back and really enjoying it. I am sending out a few sticks over the weekend trying to make some room to purchase some more.
  • bandyt09:
    I remeber having a Black Pearl Morado Robusto a while back and really enjoying it. I am sending out a few sticks over the weekend trying to make some room to purchase some more.
    Dang bandy, I was hoping you would say you had some and were gonna send me one to try in my PIF package LOL.
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I purchased 5 on the daily deal a while back, and promptly ordered 20 more. Love it.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my first one a couple days ago. I thought it was great.I'm gonna buy a bundle and let them age for awhile. They get the Slob "seal of approval".
    Thanks guys. I'm gonna go ahead and try them out can't wait.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This one is on my "to do" list
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost got some today, but went with a 5-Vegas sampler, (known quantity), but have been quite curious. Looks like a good deal, NEXT paycheck!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I picked up 2 different varieties of these along with my 5 Vegas sampler.
    I'm getting them today in the mail can't wait to fire one up tonight.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I'm smoking one right now. Nice stick. The last 1/3 has been the best (I'm about to burn my fingers...)...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    There seem to be several blends on these and I am lining up a purchase, anyone know anything about this one. "La Perla Habana Cobre"
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Adcurium:
    I'm smoking one right now. Nice stick. The last 1/3 has been the best (I'm about to burn my fingers...)...
    Good to hear. I just got a deal on the "Classic", "Cobre", "Rojo"& "Morado". The only one I'm missing is "The Black Pearl". I want to try them all consecutively but, I need the "Black Pearl"
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I ahd a very nicely aged one a couple of months ago and enjoyed it very much.

It was undoubtedly the 'old blend', but I have these on my 'to buy' list, and, hell you can't go wrong at the price of them!!!!

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I've had 4, two of the originals, and 2 rojo's. All have been excellent. I have 8 of each left.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a box of the Morado, with the freebie 10. The taste is nice, has some construction issues though, that may resolve with a little age, but I wish I'd gotten the Belicoso instead of the Toro, because the cap doesn't clip well. It might do better with a punch-cutter. The Belicoso's have been very good.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I tried this cigar (a robusto) recently and found it to be quite enjoyable, so much Im looking at some of the other blends such as the cameroon.
  • I just finished up a box and I have to say that this has become my new favorite daily smoke.
    I tried the Morado and liked it very much. Now I'm thinking of buying the sampler of 5 try got on here.