Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron 1964 Anniversary Natural

docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
Amazing smoke! I'm not sure where the Nica Libre comparisons come from (same seed wrapper definitely does not come through...) This thing is a petite FLAVOR NUKE. Strength is medium, maybe medium-full, draw was flawless, burn was great despite the heavy box pressing, and overall this is one of my top 5 sticks ever. Full review, photos, etc. at the blog. Link in my signature.

Comments

• mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I think most of the Nica Libre comparisons come from the maduro version. I've had both and while I find the Nica to not be exact along the same profile lines, it is a very respectable alternative for its price range.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I smoked a Nica Libre and a 64 Maduro one night back to back (almost) in the same size, and while the Nica Libre is a good bargain priced cigar, I think the comparison to the Padron is basically marketing, and little else.
  • docbp87:
    I smoked a Nica Libre and a 64 Maduro one night back to back (almost) in the same size, and while the Nica Libre is a good bargain priced cigar, I think the comparison to the Padron is basically marketing, and little else.
    Agreed. Nica Libre is a very good smoke for the price. Padron Anniversary is a world class cigar, among the truly elite. The only cigar I've ever had that was better than the 64 Anniversary is the 26 anniversary.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Unthought_Known:
    docbp87:
    Agreed. Nica Libre is a very good smoke for the price. Padron Anniversary is a world class cigar, among the truly elite. The only cigar I've ever had that was better than the 64 Anniversary is the 26 anniversary.
    Yes, agreed on all accounts. Except I prefer the 64 over the 26. :) Not that I'm complaining about the 1926, I just prefer the flavor profile of the 1964.

I still have yet to try it in the Natural wrapper - I've only had them in the maduro. Need to get a couple to try them out!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    It's a great smoke! Had one two days ago, definitely going to be getting a box of these when I return home!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    +1, NL is still a good smoke for the price though, especially with about a year or 2 on them.

"Long ashes my friends."