Home Ratings & Reviews

Cigar Cliff's Notes......

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
I haven't done a review in a while. And, to be honest, I haven't had the time. So, I just thought I'd do some mini-reviews of some notable sticks I've smoked recently........

RP 1961....... This is my new favorite RP. Along with The Edge. It was spicy, smooth and very rich. Med-full in flavor and body. Nice even burn. Went great with a cup of coffee.

Quesada Tributo........ Awesome stick. This and the Casa Magna Colorado are like two hot sisters that I can't decide between. They're hard to come by, but worth every penny. Very affordable too.

Alec Bradley Tempus.......... Still not a fan. I gave it three tries cuz I really wanted to like it. Too bitter on the finish and smoke output is very weak.

5 Vegas Gold Maduro.......... I was slightly disappointed. Only because I had high expectations. The flavors were good, but I had some burn issues and there was a slight bitterness on the finish. I'm going to revisit this after a few months rest.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    I haven't done a review in a while. And, to be honest, I haven't had the time. So, I just thought I'd do some mini-reviews of some notable sticks I've smoked recently........

RP 1961....... This is my new favorite RP. Along with The Edge. It was spicy, smooth and very rich. Med-full in flavor and body. Nice even burn. Went great with a cup of coffee.

Quesada Tributo........ Awesome stick. This and the Casa Magna Colorado are like two hot sisters that I can't decide between. They're hard to come by, but worth every penny. Very affordable too.

Alec Bradley Tempus.......... Still not a fan. I gave it three tries cuz I really wanted to like it. Too bitter on the finish and smoke output is very weak.

5 Vegas Gold Maduro.......... I was slightly disappointed. Only because I had high expectations. The flavors were good, but I had some burn issues and there was a slight bitterness on the finish. I'm going to revisit this after a few months rest.
    That's surprising about the AB Tempus. Which vitola did you try? I have had the Tempus Terra Nova (robo) Magistri (little different than the other tempus lines, because it has a different wrapper) and Centuria. I loved them. I have had only one RP 1961, when they first hit the stores last year, and wasn't that impressed, but I have been wanting to give it another try.

"Long ashes my friends."

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    lilwing88:

That's surprising about the AB Tempus. Which vitola did you try? I have had the Tempus Terra Nova (box press) Magistri (little different than the other tempus lines, because it has a different wrapper) and Centuria. I loved them. I have had only one RP 1961, when they first hit the stores last year, and wasn't that impressed, but I have been wanting to give it another try.
    I've had the Quadrum twice and the Terra Nova once. I guess the flavor profiles don't agree with me. I get a bitter, almost citrusy sting on my tongue. I'd like to say I got a dud, but I tried three separate sticks from different batches.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Ive gotta agree with the RP 1961. Just had my first the other day & it was REALLY good. Still behind the 1932 & Sun Grown in terms of favorite RP, but a good smoke nonetheless.

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Ive gotta agree with the RP 1961. Just had my first the other day & it was REALLY good. Still behind the 1932 & Sun Grown in terms of favorite RP, but a good smoke nonetheless.

Holy crap! You're alive! Haven't seen you post in a while lol