Home General Discussion

Padron 80th anny

Guess what I got in the mail today, or should I say, sent to my buddies house and smuggled into mine and put in the back of the cabinet humidor so noone could tell that I got another box of cigars that I just had to have.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dep691:

Guess what I got in the mail today, or should I say, sent to my buddies house and smuggled into mine and put in the back of the cabinet humidor so noone could tell that I got another box of cigars that I just had to have.

There's a good one to spend $400 :D!!!woohoo NICE HAUL MAN! .... you should still have my addy if you're running outta room :)
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dep691:

Dep that is too funny. Check the PM I just sent you. Those real nice cigars I mentioned... one of them was a box of the Padron 1926 series. I guess I know a little about your taste in cigars now, don't I? LMAO These series 1926 will also be a "quiet" addition to the inventory.

I am glad I am just one of many who do a poor job of self control in the area of cigar purchases. ;)
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Dang, maybe I wonn the PIF from you too soon. Nice choice in sticks though. I have yet to try the 80th. If its better than the regular 1926, then I might get confused and think I died because surely smoking it would be like being in heaven.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    madurofan:
    dep691:

There's a good one to spend $400 :D!!!woohoo NICE HAUL MAN! .... you should still have my addy if you're running outta room :)

The $400 would be for the 40th anny, the 80th is under $300. I have to wait a little while on getting the 40th got to pay that cc charge off first without the better half knowing. But you know she really doesn't mind, its just me having a guilty feeling whenever I have a new package delivered. I just skip the guilty feeling by sending it to my pals house. :)

I bought the cabinet humidor for aging. I have 15 boxes know still have 3 maybe 5 if I can fit them in there and I will be done. It has taken along time (and fun) sampling and trying to figure out what I think will be worthy of buying a box of.  

One day I'll have a cabinet, or a walk in ... maybe both :)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Ahem. A big walk in with several cabinets perhaps?
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Or a walk-in cabinet.

Hellz, dep. I thought I was splurging when I bought one of those cigars last weekend. I like your plan, though. I think I'll order a couple boxes of OpusX, have them shipped to your friend's house, and put the charge on your cc. That should be enough to get me out from under the guilt. I just have to make sure I get to your friend's house before you do.
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Ahem. A big walk in with several cabinets perhaps?
    Indeed! Or maybe a walk-in located inside the B&M I own? That'd be nice.
    urbino:
    Or a walk-in cabinet.

Hellz, dep. I thought I was splurging when I bought one of those cigars last weekend. I like your plan, though. I think I'll order a couple boxes of OpusX, have them shipped to your friend's house, and put the charge on your cc. That should be enough to get me out from under the guilt. I just have to make sure I get to your friend's house before you do.
    I'm in on this plan as well.

urbino:
    Or a walk-in cabinet.

Well, if you just have to order something could you make it a box of the Coronado by La Flor. Don't really care for the OpusX.

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dep691:

urbino:
    Or a walk-in cabinet.

Well, if you just have to order something could you make it a box of the Coronado by La Flor. Don't really care for the OpusX.

BLASPHEMY !!!! KUZI's not going to like that comment. lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dep691:

urbino:
    Or a walk-in cabinet.

that just leaves more of them to me. ha! no but, seriously.. I may be a beer or wine snob but im not a cigar snob. you like what you like. I cant or wont tell you what to like. Dont like OpusX? ok, maybe you're a Preferido kinda guy... or an ashton VSG kinda guy... or a Padron Annaversary edition kinda guy... Or a CAO Italia kinda guy... or a Gurkha Centurian kinda guy ...you get the point.
    most of the guys on this forum have been going ape *** over some ecuadorian sumatras. personally, they arent my thing. I like honduran tobacco over that any day. (nothing against it though)
    kuzi16:
    dep691:

urbino:
    Or a walk-in cabinet.

that just leaves more of them to me. ha! no but, seriously.. I may be a beer or wine snob but im not a cigar snob. you like what you like. I cant or wont tell you what to like. Dont like OpusX? ok, maybe you're a Preferido kinda guy... or an ashton VSG kinda guy... or a Padron Annaversary edition kinda guy... Or a CAO Italia kinda guy... or a Gurkha Centurian kinda guy ...you get the point.
    most of the guys on this forum have been going ape *** over some ecuadorian sumatras. personally, they arent my thing. I like honduran tobacco over that any day. (nothing against it though)
    Outaa curiousity what kinda wrapper is on the Opus?
    dominican. its a puro.

i cant remember if its sungrown or not. i think it is.

... dont quote me on that.
    found it: shade grown dominican wrapper.
    kuzi16:
    dep691:

urbino:
    Or a walk-in cabinet.

Don't get me wrong I have smoked an OpusX and it is a very fine line of cigars. I actually have some aging in the top drawer of the cabinet. But when you are not able to purchase a box of cigars due to some ridiculous marketing scam that fuente has created with these cigars and only being able to buy 2 or 3 at an inflated price. They can sit on a B&M or Online shelf until they turn to dust. But they are good can't take that away from them.

Cool thanks ... Another wrapper put ino the spreadsheet