Home Cigar 101

quick question

smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
Would you all consider the 5 Vegas Miami a good smoke for a begineer. I usually smoke CAO flavours and Natural by Drew Estate..thanks

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Sit out on the porch and find out for yourself - ya never know
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    smoke em if you got em:
    Would you all consider the 5 Vegas Miami a good smoke for a begineer. I usually smoke CAO flavours and Natural by Drew Estate..thanks
    Might be a little full bodied for a begginer. Something like the 5 Vegas Gold, or Gurkha Park Ave., Man O War Virtue, might be better.

If you call and talk to a rep. they will be able to suggest lots of different sticks according to your flavor preferences.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I agree. The miami isnt the strongest cigar out there, but it does pack a little punch.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Yep, Laker hit it on the head. Call up cigar.com and talk to one of the reps there. They can recommend some cigars for a beginner and get you going. The Miami is leaning toward the stronger end of cigars, but it won't take you long to work your way up to them!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    forget all that.

grab yourself a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Maduro in the 6x60 size.

... and make sure you dont eat before hand.

... but seriously,
    dont do that. thats a bad idea even for many seasoned smokers.

if you wanna stay with the 5 Vegas line, and with a "fuller" cigar, i would go with the Series A in the Archetype size (6 x 50). it is a full bodied cigar but it is very approachable even to the newer smoker.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    If you are willing to venture outside of 5 Vegas, you might consider Oliva. The Oliva G Maduro is a good beginners smoke.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
     I really appreciate the feedback
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    kuzi16:
    forget all that.

grab yourself a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Maduro in the 6x60 size.

... and make sure you dont eat before hand.

... but seriously,
    dont do that. thats a bad idea even for many seasoned smokers.

if you wanna stay with the 5 Vegas line, and with a "fuller" cigar, i would go with the Series A in the Archetype size (6 x 50). it is a full bodied cigar but it is very approachable even to the newer smoker.

Ha I did just this a few weeks ago. Great smoke and no probs. I love full bodied smokes for breakfast though. The chisel has gotten the best of me a few times however.
    Maybe less visio and seco tobacco in the chisel. Need to get my hands on a chisel maddie. Desert for breakfast lol. Sorry its late and Im buzzed. Way off topic.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

I dont care for much of the 5 vegas line. They are really hit or miss with me - Mostly Miss.

Though I have only had a few of them, A, Gold, Relic, classic, Cask Strenght II I really didnt care for any of them.

They werent bad, (well some were) But they just werent great.

I guess I had really high expectations from the hype.
    Fourtotheflush:

I dont care for much of the 5 vegas line. They are really hit or miss with me - Mostly Miss.

Though I have only had a few of them, A, Gold, Relic, classic, Cask Strenght II I really didnt care for any of them.

i could see that.

they are good cigars.... but not great ones.

most people when talking about them leave off that they are a good value and go on and on about how good they are. for the price i think the line is fantastic. price excluded, they are decent.
  • Fourtotheflush:

I've had the AAA, Cask Strength II and the Miami, of those the Miami was by far my favorite, if you feel like retrying the brand I'd suggest that.
    the cask strength I was better....

but good luck finding those.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    the cask strength I was better....

but good luck finding those.
    Yeah... you would probably have to dig all the way to the bottom of Kuzi's aging humi to find one of those ;)
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I love the Miami but it has some spice to it